What's new

Easy Rider Reboot

I don't believe that any movies should be remade, I say let them rest, go do something original for christs sake. That one especially should never be remade, it was barely watchable in the first place, too much of that 60's psychedelic bullshit.

Same thing with all the fucking comic book movies. Really? What ever happened to actual talent, screen writers who could tell a real story?

I'd say it shouldn't be a remake, but maybe follow the travels of a group riding the same route. It still probably still wouldn't be all that interesting. But who exactly do they expect would see this movie?

About 20 years ago there was a group of riders from SOHC4 that rode that route, their writeup was a good read but I'm sure the real adventure could only be experienced, not read or told.

I do like the symbolism of Peter Fonda throwing away his watch before they headed out. I could see throwing a burner phone into the dirt, and staring at it glistening in the sunlight for a few seconds before taking off in no particular hurry towards the mid morning sun....

I could see throwing a burner phone into the dirt, and staring at it glistening in the sunlight for a few seconds before taking off in no particular hurry towards the mid morning sun....
Or doing a burnout over the burner phone while heading out toward the morning sun.

Should classics be remade?

No actor names attached to the project yet. Who would you like to see in the movie? Keanu Reeves comes to mind.
From the article, the producers are currently looking for "bold writers and/or directors" to update the project for "modern times".

I think we know what that means, a group of gender-confused members from a wide range of ethnic backgrounds goes on an electric bike road trip.
The movie deals with modern issues like how to keep virtue signaling whilst on a bike, getting those FB updates in the desert (no wifi!) and keeping safe on the road with vaccines.

Edit: and to answer your question. good greif, no. leave it in peace.

Top Bottom Back Refresh