What's new

Elbow guards for big arms

RedDirt

Member Number
I’m currently using the Fox Titans in L/XL. The straps are far too short, so I end up vercroing to the fabric on them instead of where they’re supposed to go. It’s still holding together, but I don’t think it will for long. I’m 250lbs. What should I try? The first brand I tried were EVS, and they were comically undersized. As in, cutting off circulation like crazy.

I have a set of the EVS Epic Lrg/XL. Very tight, like you mention comically undersized.

I ended riding with a the new BOHN CE LVL 2 armor and the All-Season Airtex Armored Riding shirt

Shirt

CE 2 info

MVI may have some suggestions.

Have you tried modifying the elastic straps? I've seen extensions made with the appropriate Velcro on each end so it's easy to lengthen the strap without actually modifying the item.
This is a great idea—I’ll have to see what I can find on that.

I have a set of the EVS Epic Lrg/XL. Very tight, like you mention comically undersized.

I ended riding with a the new BOHN CE LVL 2 armor and the All-Season Airtex Armored Riding shirt

Shirt

CE 2 info
Thanks! I’ve thought about one of the shirts for exactly this reason. I assumed it would be even tougher to get a shirt that fit than the elbow guards. I’ll see what I can find on the strap extension thing.

Bohn has great sizing options, up to 4XL.

I am impressed with those Airtex shirts, perfect for hot weather riding.

So, I pulled up the links to the Bohn stuff. Looks nice, but I realized I left out a crucial piece of my issue. I’m mostly wanting elbow guards for single track. For road stuff, I tend to wear a jacket. So, I had in my head this would be one of those jerseys with hard armor built in. Anyone use stuff like this for primarily single track/enduro riding?

I wear the Bohn shirt w/armor for Single Track all the time.
To date it is the only comfortable way to have good elbow and shoulder protection.

I'd sure appreciate learning if there is something better out there.

Might look at knee/shin guards also, sized accordingly.

I wear the Bohn shirt w/armor for Single Track all the time.
To date it is the only comfortable way to have good elbow and shoulder protection.

I'd sure appreciate learning if there is something better out there.
I’ll absolutely order one and see what I think. Hope it fits my moobs!!

Reactions: MVI
I move away from the strap pads as they tend to rub and hurt the skin on arms and legs. 661 makes great pads and uses neoprene as the base fabric. They are a bit hot in the brutal summer days, but they stay comfortable and dont abrade the skin or cut off bloodflow.

Back
Top Bottom