What's new

Electric trials bikes

Yinzer Moto

Member Number
What is new? What is coming soon?

Electric Motion is king right now, it is a really great bike. I have not gotten time in on the newest bike, with the tick over but got a spin on the one with the clutch, and the one without the clutch. The clutch is very nice but it still does not have the same feel as a gas bike. It is very close though. I feel the clutch is very necessary because sometimes we land hard and the right wrist will twist, we need a second way to control the speed of the bike.

I just saw this video of a Dob trials bike. It is interesting but I think the bicycle parts will not be very durable. It has some nice features, like the aluminum frame and it has a clutch.

They already make a Oset style kids bike and this looks like their first try at a full size bike.

That looks interesting. Good competition for OSET, Beta, and Mecatecno.

OSET had a big 2 page spread in Issue 91 of Trial Magazine. It said exciting news was coming soon. Going back almost 2 years during the Trials Australia Podcast interview of OSET founder Ian Smith and his son Oliver, they hinted that a full size bike was in development. I would guess it's coming?

The Mecatecno Dragonfly has been coming soon for about 4 years. Dale had a prototype 3 years ago, but they supposedly scrapped that and took an entirely new approach in the last year?

I would think GG would bring back their E model at some point soon?

I've ridden the EM 5.7 and Epure. A big adjustment riding one, even with the clutch. Watching a vid of a '22 with TKO, it seems like idle is 4000 RPM? It's screaming! I am curious to ride one though.

Kids brought up on OSET and other E motos will not need to adjust, to how a full size E model works. The younger Smith son has said, that he will never ride a petrol bike. No turning back at this point.....

What is new? What is coming soon?

Electric Motion is king right now, it is a really great bike. I have not gotten time in on the newest bike, with the tick over but got a spin on the one with the clutch, and the one without the clutch. The clutch is very nice but it still does not have the same feel as a gas bike. It is very close though. I feel the clutch is very necessary because sometimes we land hard and the right wrist will twist, we need a second way to control the speed of the bike.

I just saw this video of a Dob trials bike. It is interesting but I think the bicycle parts will not be very durable. It has some nice features, like the aluminum frame and it has a clutch.

They already make a Oset style kids bike and this looks like their first try at a full size bike.

That guy has a weird accent for an Australian.

I might have pulled the trigger on the EM that was just posted on FB had it been posted a few weeks ago.

I've never ridden one but I'm intrigued.

Moto Works (Carl) has been bringing a 2022 Epure Race to San Ysidro the last few weekends. The tickover isn't that high on it. Pretty impressive really. I'm interested, but would like to know what might be coming for 2023 as electrics seem to change (evolve?) pretty quickly. I expect him to have it out during the event weekend. Two things I would like to see is being able to adjust the tickover rpm point and a programmable throttle to emulate a quick throttle or slow throttle or anywhere in between. The suspension seemed really good, too.

Back
Top Bottom