What's new

EU Digital Covid Pass

kickstandsup

Why not?
Member Number
German pharmacies can supposedly turn a US CDC card vax record into a digital QR code EU Covid Pass.

Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 2.32.08 PM.png

For those storing a bike with Stefan in Heidelberg, there appear to be 3 pharmacies within 1 km that can do this, although I have not yet tried.

Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 2.34.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 2.35.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 2.36.56 PM.png

I've got connections in the EU. Both the wife and I already have the digital card, and have for 18 months. When we were there in 2020 we only needed it a few times. Interestingly it works in the US, sometimes.

When I was there this past summer, the CDC card was just fine, but I'm not sure that will still be the case this summer. Wanted to be prepared to convert it to the EU standard.

I've downloaded the suggested apps and, unfortunately, the QR codes generated by my state health care record nor the one generated by the CLEAR app seem to be EU compliant (of course). I'm hoping that at least one of the pharmacies near Stefan can make this happen easily. The pharmacy apparently inputs the CDC card data into their system, that generates a printout with the EU QR code that you then scan into the EU phone app.

I've also read that you can follow the same process in France.

Confirmed, I did the France process and found it to be easy.

using and app, upload your USA covid card image, fill in some infos, they review and issue you the barcode.

Confirmed, I did the France process and found it to be easy.

using and app, upload your USA covid card image, fill in some infos, they review and issue you the barcode.
That's interesting. So just the image of the card? And can you do it now, from the US? Which app did you use?

Would love to put this in the "done" column before I head over.

it was a process, i think i started here

Thanks, I had seen that as well. Consistent with Germany, you have to go to a pharmacy.

I'm also wondering if Switzerland and Austria will change their 270 day expiration date for ever boosted folks. If not, I'll be getting a 4th shot before I go...

ok, things have changed then from when i did it. it was all on line applicaition, upload, and eventually got a digital FR code

ok, things have changed then from when i did it. it was all on line applicaition, upload, and eventually got a digital FR code

Yes, it's a constantly moving target, and who knows what the summer will bring. That's one reason I started this thread, just to have a place for the info.

From the French website...now "pharmacy based." I imagine that is to help cut down on fraud with the oh-so-difficult to forge CDC card.

How can I apply?​

Applications for a vaccine pass of equivalence are made:

• for foreign students: directly online

• for foreign nationals who are not students: in pharmacies in France. They should present their passport and the paper version of the original vaccination certificate in a pharmacy offering the service (a list is available on the Ministry for Solidarity and Health website).

Top Bottom Back Refresh