What's new

Fathers and Sons,,, Daughters too!!

GMK999

Member Number
IMG_4432.jpeg
IMG_4432.jpeg IMG_6187.jpeg

I don't have a son and my only daughter doesn't ride (yet, I hope someday) but this is me and my father during a stop on the way home from Bike Week in Daytona 1979. We had a couple of cold beers left in the ice-filled sink the morning we left the motel, wrapped them in a towel and rolled them up in a sleeping bag for insulation. Stopped on the side of the I-4 and drank them while taking a break.
At the motel (Davey Johnson's Second Sack Motel at the time), BIL on left, me on right with my CB350F made to look like a 400F, father's Gold Wing on the right past BIL's KZ1000
2ndSackCB350F.jpeg

Me and Dad during beer stop (picture was in a frame and got faded, stuck and got torn removing it)
scan0056.jpg

It is a TTR. It was actually my wife's bike. My son rode it for a while after outgrowing his XR80 He quickly outgrew the TTR as well.

wknudsen_old_20pics_20and_20scans_tra3_zpsszwgt9sl-jpg.28753

Very cool. I'm still trying to get my wife to ride with me.

My son outgrew his TTR after just a few trips up north. His is the 17/14 model not the L which has 19/16 wheels. It was perfect for him to learn to ride on in the parking lot at work and get some trail experience. He got a CRF250F to replace it.

I don't have a son and my only daughter doesn't ride (yet, I hope someday) but this is me and my father during a stop on the way home from Bike Week in Daytona 1979. We had a couple of cold beers left in the ice-filled sink the morning we left the motel, wrapped them in a towel and rolled them up in a sleeping bag for insulation. Stopped on the side of the I-4 and drank them while taking a break.
At the motel (Davey Johnson's Second Sack Motel at the time), BIL on left, me on right with my CB350F made to look like a 400F, father's Gold Wing on the right past BIL's KZ1000
2ndSackCB350F.jpeg

Me and Dad during beer stop (picture was in a frame and got faded, stuck and got torn removing it)
scan0056.jpg

How cool is that? :thumb

Very cool. I'm still trying to get my wife to ride with me.

My son outgrew his TTR after just a few trips up north. His is the 17/14 model not the L which has 19/16 wheels. It was perfect for him to learn to ride on in the parking lot at work and get some trail experience. He got a CRF250F to replace it.
My wife doesn't ride with me anymore except as a passenger but we had some fun back in the day.

wknudsen_old_20pics_20and_20scans_mm1_zpsd4d55ixy-jpg.28154

The date stamp is incorrect. This was 01 or 02.

My daughter was excited when I brought home my GSA in 2013, and equally excited when the K showed up in August. She was decidedly less enthusiastic about riding in the bloody hot German weather in July.
IMG1.jpg
IMG2.jpg
IMG3.jpg
That's amazingly cool that you have those photos. Our daughter just moved away to school a couple of months ago. Everyone always said they grow up so fast...

Back
Top Bottom