What's new

Firewood makers

All of my saws have slobbered bar oil when parked. I don't know if there's any definitive cutoff mechanism to fully prevent it from weeping through the pump. Unless y'all are saying it's leaking directly from the fill cap? Yeah, that would be truly annoying.

I have an oversized cookie sheet the saws get stored on.

If the saw goes in a vehicle, it gets placed on a towel.

Reactions: MVI
All of my saws have slobbered bar oil when parked. I don't know if there's any definitive cutoff mechanism to fully prevent it from weeping through the pump. Unless y'all are saying it's leaking directly from the fill cap? Yeah, that would be truly annoying.
Yeah, it leaks out the cap and down the side of the saw. I use a boot tray to keep the oil "slobber" or pump leakage contained with the gas saws, but this Dewalt will leak the entire reservoir out the cap in less than 48 hours if it sits up right.

Yeah, that's a bummer. I've been a big fan of DeWalt with a perfect success rate for almost 20 years now. Here's hoping it's a simple fix.

Log De-barkers on sale this month

1647462978234.png

Anyone own a HUD-SON Sawmill?

I looked at these when I was shopping around. Haven't kept up with pricing, but they were way more expensive. Kinda wanted to go with an American company, but then found a video on the yootoobs where a guy was talking about how much he loved his Hudson and didn't regret his choice, but he had to reweld some things that cracked and it would jump around on the track if you throttled it up too fast.

It's didn't leave a glowing impression on me. They were about $2k more than a Woodland and the lead time was closer to 2 yrs vs 3 months. Things can change, so don't take my word on it.

LOL. Yes. Entire house except drywall. Including all millwork and cabinetwork. Full blown OCD

The curved base is nice. How did you accomplish that? I have done that with PVC base before, just heat gun and mold it. Doing that in wood is really cool.

That looks great - which model it it?

1647480790932.png

Two seasons. V happy. I still own half of a 25yo Tractor Supply brand splitter but can’t lift stuff now so was going to start buying firewood. Saw this and decided to try it. Totally changed the game. Set back my firewood clock years.

Two seasons. V happy. I still own half of a 25yo Tractor Supply brand splitter but can’t lift stuff now so was going to start buying firewood. Saw this and decided to try it. Totally changed the game. Set back my firewood clock years.

nice ! I see they now offer a 6 way splitter for it

1647546413239.png

I run the TSC log splitter. that things been HAMMERED and it keeps going.

I run the MVI Log splitter, but the darned thing wears out quickly, and needs some Whiskey lubrication at the end of the day if any quantity of wood is split

1647624518727.png

[ EDIT ] LUCKILY OUR HOUSE IS HEATED WITH NATURAL GAS !

Last edited:
I run the MVI Log splitter, but the darned thing wears out quickly, and needs some Whiskey lubrication at the end of the day if any quantity of wood is split

1647624518727.png
Doubtful you'll get the ~10+ cord of wood a year needed to heat my place with it though. heh

Top Bottom Back Refresh