What's new

Fishing

Yooper_Bob

Socially Inept
Member Number
So...one of my other passions is spending a bit of time on the water trying to outsmart a critter with a brain the size of a pea.

Often, I am the loser!

I am fortunate enough to live only a mile from Lake Superior, so not am I only able to take advantage of all of the great inland lake and trout stream fishing that the UP has to offer, I am also able to get out on the great lakes (Superior and Michigan) for some big water trout/salmon fishing!

Let's see/hear some of your fishing adventures.

A few photos of successful trips in the past...

Sunrise on Superior:
i-Q8KWpNr-XL.jpg

My 18' Lund Explorer SS parked in Lake Superior just off Chapel Rock in Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore:
i-pWjzfRS-X2.jpg

A really nice Lake Superior King Salmon:
i-Vt8tb7r-X2.jpg

A huge Lake Superior Lake Trout caught just off Copper Harbor:
i-HH7pwkp-X2.jpg

A nice UP brookie:
i-tvstgXc-XL.jpg

A nice Lake Michigan smallmouth:
i-xbQHBbD-X2.jpg

Sometimes the hot sun causes you to get a bit loopy while out on the water! :shog
i-wpGWXT7-X2.jpg

I will often pack my waders and fishing rod on the bike when hitting the trout streams. Makes going to/from fishing as much fun as the fishing itself!
I plan on doing this around the Driftless this year. Also, how much would I have to bribe you to take me salmon fishing? :D

Also planning on getting the kayak out on Superior when wind conditions are favorable. I'm usually fishing the uppper Mississippi or Mille Lacs for smallmouth
20210911_180207 (1).jpg

I also catch the occasional junk fish..
image1_2.jpeg

I like to fish from the shores, Targeting europen sea Bass, and smoothounds, with some COd fishing in the winter months. Trouble with cod fishing it conflicts / time of year with waterfowling, and waterfowling always takes priority with me.

Reactions: 007
Gentlemen, Gentlemen.. Can you really call yourself an ADVer or even fisherman if you don't own at least one of these?
IMG_5679.jpeg
IMG_5680.jpeg

Thats right folks, The Popiel pocket fisherman.( with patented terminal tackle holder and integrated belt hook) Accept no substitute!!
Given to me as a gag gift from my lifelong riding and outdoors buddy, I actually do cary this in my panier on longer camping trips.

^ On that note, I actually handed one of my clients a Snoopy rod one year.. The previous trip he managed to fubar three rods in quick succession … I fixed them for him but he had to wait for it. He was eying the other rods but I told him no way… :lol3 So to my surprise when he booked me again I was prepared… :imaposer We did catch a ton of fish so there was that…

Me on the poling platform…
731CDCAC-C34A-4D51-978F-D521900E923A.jpeg

Trifecta the other day, rainbow, brown, and brook trout were the first 3 caught.
20220411_171104.jpg

My waders leak now, so I don't even bother anymore. Water temperatures in the 40s up to the crotch will chill you after a few hours. 😁

Trifecta the other day, rainbow, brown, and brook trout were the first 3 caught.
20220411_171104.jpg

My waders leak now, so I don't even bother anymore. Water temperatures in the 40s up to the crotch will chill you after a few hours. 😁
Some good eating there!:dukegirl

Good to see you adapting to life in WNC!

A few pics from the past several months fishing in OK.

20211003_183915.jpg

20220402_154247.jpg

20211229_171458.jpg

This one is Florida ^^^

20220326_184113.jpg

20220326_171921.jpg

20220402_172849.jpg

Last edited:
Spent a few hours out on the Auckland harbour on Friday and caught 3 or 4 nights dinners worth of snapper.

Having cut back to working only Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursdays sure helps at the launching ramps with no crowds. Two weeks ago all we could catch were under-size snapper but this time out plenty of legal ones.

Back
Top Bottom