What's new

Florida Eats

Bump!
Went to The Bean in Ave Maria and it was good ,so that is on my list as well now.
What wasn't super, was lunch at Faded Bistro in Sebring last Saturday. Food and service was good but it got really expensive and one of our friends doesn't want to go there anymore, which is a shame as I do like the place. Looking for alternatives in the area now..

This one goes back about 5-6 years when I stopped for lunch in the panhandle. This was the place although it's not much info.:dunno
015-X4.jpg

But the food was good. I wish that I could remember where it was.
014-X4.jpg

Oh. And BTW that is not my bike in the pic.

Last edited:
I used to eat wings at the South Turn in Daytona. And the Italian sub at Jose's in Orlando. Florida always had good food when I was there.

I had a place in 2005 across from the track. By Uno pizza. I bet Daytona has changed alot.

Last edited:
This one goes back about 5-6 years when I stopped for lunch in the panhandle. This was the place although it's not much info.:dunno
015-X4.jpg

But the food was good. I wish that I could remember where it was.
014-X4.jpg

Oh. And BTW that is not my bike in the pic.
That looks like the one on Lake Eustis, near Leesburg.

Rode to Naples this AM and had a very good breakfast at Nana’s Diner in the Golden Gate area. Great coffee, service and all our food was excellent. The prices are very reasonable as well.

Last edited:
We had supper at Taste of New Orleans in Brooksville FL a couple evenings ago, first time we'd tried it. Kind of a cross between a take out place and eat in place, they don't wait tables but there are a fair amount of tables and booths to sit at inside. You order at the counter, get your beverage and take a seat, then they call you to the counter when it's ready. Both the gumbo and jambalaya are really good.

Safe Harbor Seafood on A1A in Mayport, FL. Casual, outdoor tables on the river.
_nc_ohc=DL9UGAGAefQAX9pezj5&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.jpg

Good eats. It's fresh - they unload the boats right outside.

_nc_ohc=xLZlWBObZE0AX8olD3_&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.jpg

Follow-up with an after lunch trip across the ferry and coastal ride up A1A to Fernandina / Amelia Island.

Last edited:
I grew up in Bonifay in the panhandle. Any time I visit, we try to eat at Skins and Bubba's in Chipley. Weird place, staff, and fellow diners, but damn good food. You might want to call first, though-- I've gone a few times and they were closed when Facebook and Google said they were open. I always get some form of shrimp, but I've never heard complaints about anything from the rest of my family. If you're not from rural FL, it's unlikely you're used to seafood that good from a "dump" like this (hint: not the most socioeconomically advantaged area). We also often get together at M&W Smokehouse in Bonifay, right off I-10 and 79. Get some variety of smoked animal.

While visiting friends and family in Sebastian some years back, we ventured over to Taco Mobil on Sebastian Blvd. That place was bomb as fuck! We all made that our go-to spot for lunch and dinner for 4 days in a row. I was surprised to have found something resembling Mexican food. Most Mexican places on the east coast are either gringo owned and operated or half-assed Mexican. This stuff didn't have any bullshit tomatoes with the orders. Real Mexican food doesn't come with tomatoes!

There are a few good Mexican places in Immokalee as well. Lozano's, Mi Rancho and El Taquito. All Mexican owned and run. Also Guatamex in Indian Town is good but it is a fusion of Guatemalan and Mexican cuisine.
Often we are the only gringo's in the place... :D

Top Bottom Back Refresh