What's new

Florida Eats

FLrider

Member Number
Might as well start with an easy one.
Post up your favorite eateries while on the Florida high and mostly byways....

I'll start with Faded Bistro in Sebring. It has great food and craft beers, can be a bit pricey however the quality speaks for itself.

I hope the pinnacle map still works when 'borrowing' this from the other site....

Edit: Thanks to KirkN for starting this in the other place... :D

Last edited:
IMG_1718(1).jpg

Nely's Corner in Everglades City FL is great!!

Havanna Cafe is excellent but got pricey as well. I know food cost went up so there is that..
On that note; Camillia Street cafe is great for seafood and is in Everglades City.

Last edited:
In Ave Maria is an excellent Mexican restaurant called Lozano’s. The original place is in Immokalee..Both very good.

Yeah the Havanna Cafe has gotten pricy... I'll have to try out Camillia Street Cafe, we normally hit City Seafood for crab claws and ice cold beer. I really like both Lozano's as well as The Bean in Ave Maria.

If you are going to the Bean on a Sunday morning you have to time it between Mass services :pope

IMG_1873.JPG

Did ride to Everglades City where the seafood festival is going on this WE.. Busy as can be with many bikes on the road. We got an excellent breakfast at Island Cafe. Great country fried steak! Very reasonable pricing too btw.. lot of locals in the joint…

Last edited:
Not too far from me in beautiful downtown Brooksville FL is the Coney Island Drive-Inn. The VJMC does (or did before Covid) their local Christmas Ride from there and I just so happened to be there when they took pictures for their magazine (woohoo). Oh yeah, and supposedly Elvis ate there once too.
BBxsqpx.jpg

Just went to Harriette's in Key Largo this past Saturday and I must say it is still as good as ever. It was my breakfast joint of choice for years as I lived only a mile up the road while I was playing fishing guide in Islamorada... Anyway the coffee is strong and plenty and you get value for your $..

https://www.harriettesrestaurant.com/menu

So Sunday it was a perfect cool 50F day for a ride to Ft Meyers, via some backroads 78 around/through Alva, to the Boathouse and Tiki Bar & Grill.
Food was excellent and so was the service even though our waitress was freezing in her shorts... 😁 We warmed up with coffee and a bowl of Chili. I can recommend the Cuban sandwich btw.. We got there early and around 12 the place was packed. Very few motorcycles.... I wonder why?? 🥶 :lol2

Might as well start with an easy one.
Post up your favorite eateries while on the Florida high and mostly byways....

I'll start with Faded Bistro in Sebring. It has great food and craft beers, can be a bit pricey however the quality speaks for itself.

I hope the pinnacle map still works when 'borrowing' this from the other site....

Edit: Thanks to KirkN for starting this in the other place... :D

Great idea... If folks use their google account the can add a pin for their favorite place, otherwise it is just going to get buried/forgotten...

Well today we rode through Indiantown and tried out Crackers cafe for breakfast. Coffee is strong and food is basic but good with good prices. Lots of locals!!! Indiantown also has a great Mexican place named Guatamex and the last time I was there we were the only gringos.. 😁 which usually means good food as well. In my experience, when you only see local peeps in a food joint it usually means that it is the right spot.

Yeah the Havanna Cafe has gotten pricy... I'll have to try out Camillia Street Cafe, we normally hit City Seafood for crab claws and ice cold beer. I really like both Lozano's as well as The Bean in Ave Maria.
What hasn't gotten pricy?

What hasn't gotten pricy?
True that. A lot of places have priced themselves out of contention while others have kept a lid on excessive price increases. Everything has gotten more pricey, but some have taken advantage of it to the point that I don't see many motorcycles parked in front of Havana Cafe anymore.... Island Cafe in Everglades City still offers a great deal for the money and that is why they are packed... :deal

True that. A lot of places have priced themselves out of contention while others have kept a lid on excessive price increases. Everything has gotten more pricey, but some have taken advantage of it to the point that I don't see many motorcycles parked in front of Havana Cafe anymore.... Island Cafe in Everglades City still offers a great deal for the money and that is why they are packed... :deal
Was watching the news this week and some eateries have an inflation fee

Was watching the news this week and some eateries have an inflation fee
Not surprised really...
For about a month, a while back, one of our breakfast places raised their omelet prices 50 Cts as eggs had gotten more expensive and they apologized for it, but as soon as prices reached earth again, they lowered the prices as well. I remember that episode as eggs in all the grocery stores got more pricey for a while.

Back
Top Bottom