What's new

Florida

Love the bike and the name of the road!!!
Thanks. Many hate the bike because I modified it as much as I did, but it was a purpose build - to make a street-legal version of a bike I drag raced a lot back in the day. The road I just got lucky and found in my myriad of rural roads around me. Best thing ever - move to a new place more rural, discover tons of roads less traveled. Too bad you're so far away in So FL

Yeah, Sebring is about as far north I can go on a day trip , other then that I get down to the Keys but that’s about it for us…

I had to make another trip to South Florida Wednesday, and load up the van for another trip to WNC. Headed back north Friday night and saw enough shitty driving in those 3 days to last me a while.
My '73 Z1 was in the back of the van, although you couldn't even see it with all the other stuff (carefully) packed around it.
20180218_112344.jpg

My brother and I are commuting to work and while it is only 5 miles to the office, the amount of stupidity could fill 100 miles of road... Fortunately we are seeing more LEO's on the road pulling the morons over.... :lol3

My brother and I are commuting to work and while it is only 5 miles to the office, the amount of stupidity could fill 100 miles of road... Fortunately we are seeing more LEO's on the road pulling the morons over.... :lol3
I sure wish the LEOs would get to work harder on the morons in my area. I went to Tampa yesterday and have to go again tomorrow, and every time I'm down there I am reminded why I moved further north to a rural area. Distracted idiots aggressively dicing it out to gain one car length in traffic. It's so bad even the cops do it. I was in traffic behind a Hillsborough County Sheriff yesterday who was basically tailgating another car for about a mile in 30 to 40 mph traffic. I wish I'd been closer so I could have gotten a picture of it to email to the Sheriff's website, that's such BS. Of course, in "fairness" they rarely pull anyone over for tailgating anymore either, though they used to.

You know it's bad when a State Trooper pulls over another cop.. :lol3 Which happened a few years ago already down here in S.FL..

You know it's bad when a State Trooper pulls over another cop.. :lol3 Which happened a few years ago already down here in S.FL..
I'd have loved to see that. At least there's one agency that is still doing their jobs.

Love bugs are starting to show up already. Not in great numbers yet but still .... :bluduh
Not in my area yet, it's still too cool most mornings. I hope it holds off another couple weeks, a buddy of mine in SC is coming down mid-March and I want to ride (cleanly). I hate getting those disgusting gooey things all over my bike, if you don't clean them off right away they can destroy paint. For those elsewhere who aren't familiar with our little twice-a-year scourge here in Florida, here are the little bastards

Lovebugs.jpg

I just got back from a breakfast run to Key Largo and traffic was ok for us going both ways but when we went north again it was a nightmare on the southbound lanes as spring break is in full swing. I live about an hour and a half from the Keys so a quick run is ok for me as I can pick and chose the right time to go.. :deal

Reactions: MVI
I just got back from a breakfast run to Key Largo and traffic was ok for us going both ways but when we went north again it was a nightmare on the southbound lanes as spring break is in full swing. I live about an hour and a half from the Keys so a quick run is ok for me as I can pick and chose the right time to go.. :deal
Yeah, there are still a few advantages of living in South Florida but with the increase in hurricanes hitting our shores I'm happy being further north. Plus, I'm that much closer to the mountains... and SO looking forward to going back to SC this fall (after 4 months of mostly indoor activity while Florida bakes this summer, which begins in just a few weeks). Also glad I'm nowhere near St. Pete/Clearwater and Daytona areas during the spring break times, I remember how bad the traffic was 25 years ago trying to get to the beach and it's only worse now (along with a heavy dose of bigger traffic a-holes than ever before too)

Here's a list of eclectic sights in Florida for those who aren't aware. Some are just plain silly, but some are interesting and have a history behind them. I posted this one elsewhere here, it's not far from me and has an interesting history.

For those in the Tampa area, I hope y'all fair well as Ian looks to be major problem with flooding being the worst in 100 years. 10+ feet of water is headed your way..... We are getting rain already from the outer bands as of this writing.... :eek7

For those in the Tampa area, I hope y'all fair well as Ian looks to be major problem with flooding being the worst in 100 years. 10+ feet of water is headed your way..... We are getting rain already from the outer bands as of this writing.... :eek7
HUNKER' DOWN my Brother !!

Gather up the ones you love, break out the distilled spirits and party like a pirate !! AAAargh

:beer:freaky

Top Bottom Back Refresh