What's new

Florida

Looks like we have a fresh start here! I'll see what I can pilfer from Flatistan that can be useful ... LOL!

I haven't removed myself there yet just in case...

Here, here, fresh start indeed.

I've tried recruiting, encouraging, a few people I've ridden with from Flatistan.

Let's see where we end up.

I just posted this on reddit r/dualsport

I just perused that subreddit and it seems the responses are rather polarized.

One camp pretty much reads the writing on the wall and knows ADV is headed to zombie status. The other camp says, carry on, nothing to see here.

I just perused that subreddit and it seems the responses are rather polarized.

One camp pretty much reads the writing on the wall and knows ADV is headed to zombie status. The other camp says, carry on, nothing to see here.
IKR! Bewildered. Someone here alerted this site's creator to my Reddit post, he/she added a comment trying to address some of their skepticisms and was met with the same.

I have officially ended my 19 year presence on the other site by emailing whomever and asked to close my account. I could have gone the ‘posting the boobs‘ route but I figured that the more civil approach was the best.
I wasn’t going to lower myself to basement level to get out of there.. That’s just me I guess… So no more rider1150gsadv….. My 0.02 cts YMMV

I have officially ended my 19 year presence on the other site by emailing whomever and asked to close my account. I could have gone the ‘posting the boobs‘ route but I figured that the more civil approach was the best.
I wasn’t going to lower myself to basement level to get out of there.. That’s just me I guess… So no more rider1150gsadv….. My 0.02 cts YMMV

It's amazing how much time passes. I bet you never imagined being on that forum nearly 20 years or for that matter, how it would end.

It's amazing how much time passes. I bet you never imagined being on that forum nearly 20 years or for that matter, how it would end.
It was getting long in tooth and the whole atmosphere isn't the same anymore with many of the early members having left as well.
At least I left on my terms... :lol2

Please, serious request here. If your “divorce” works please describe. In the past I tried twice and got sandbagged twice.

Hey Oscar - your posts show up as deleted4248, unless your post was quoted then your rider1150... shows. https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/south-florida-adventure-riders.1264822/page-7#post-43406403

John - your ole TAT pardner

I just wrote to whoever is in charge that I wanted to close my account rather than post something that would get me the ban-hammer and that I was more interested in taking the high road.
That did the trick as the next day my account was closed..
Down at the bottom of the front page is ‘contact us‘ and that’s what I used and that’s really all… Hope it helps.

Hi John, I did delete a few things such as my Alaska RR and copied that on my computer. I guess they don’t delete your posts when closing an account. Fine by me…

...I'll see what I can pilfer from Flatistan...
LOL... I thought you were talking about Florida there for a minute, it's pretty much flat.

Chiming in from beautiful Floral City on the Nature Coast
bmt1mn6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom