What's new

Fly Rayce Helmet

Nhuskys

Member Number
The Tryals Shop started carrying the Fly Rayce Helmet as an option for riders who want a full face helmet to ride trials. It's lightweight, well ventilated, and rated for watercraft, MTB, and BMX. I decided to be a Beta Tester, wearing one back to back with my Arai Penta Pro today, in 90F plus temps. What a difference in air moving and comfort. I was worried that the more solid chin bar would be intrusive, compared to the clear on the Arai.... it pretty much was invisible once I started riding! The visor is very adjustable, so can be tipped up higher than in the picture. Sizing is a bit on the smaller size, so you might have to go up. My hot weather helmet choice now for sure.

1656705139824.png

I wear a Bell Super DH downhill MTB helmet almost all the time riding trials. The purists might give me a little stink eye, but it's better in every way. Better protection, lighter and way cooler.

I've heard of the occasional event where they're not allowed, and I've also heard of fake DOT stickers being applied to them to pass tech - but so far, it's been a non-issue wherever I ride. I carry the Hebo just in case, but it hardly ever gets worn.

I wear a Bell Super DH downhill MTB helmet almost all the time riding trials. The purists might give me a little stink eye, but it's better in every way. Better protection, lighter and way cooler.

I've heard of the occasional event where they're not allowed, and I've also heard of fake DOT stickers being applied to them to pass tech - but so far, it's been a non-issue wherever I ride. I carry the Hebo just in case, but it hardly ever gets worn.

A stickler at check-in might notice the chin bar and immediately start inspection. And depending on the location of the event they can easily pull up an online page of specs that says whether the helmet is indeed DOT or not. So I think it is wise to keep the HEBO available just in case.

Really such a shame in such a relatively low speed, low impact sport (especially compared to downhill mountain biking) that we cannot use anything but a DOT helmet w/o a chin bar or some non-ventilated Japanese helmet.

Safety inspection requires no chinbar?

I've been looking at for riding dirt bike on singletrack. I'm going the same speeds as the MTB guys. I don't see why I need such a heavy, stiff thing to wear. Light and airy would be very nice.

A stickler at check-in might notice the chin bar and immediately start inspection. And depending on the location of the event they can easily pull up an online page of specs that says whether the helmet is indeed DOT or not. So I think it is wise to keep the HEBO available just in case.

Really such a shame in such a relatively low speed, low impact sport (especially compared to downhill mountain biking) that we cannot use anything but a DOT helmet w/o a chin bar or some non-ventilated Japanese helmet.
Considering the Myers brothers are riding the Pro Class at NATC Series in MTB helmets, and getting through tech inspection. This won't work at the TDN though.

The helmet they are wearing.....

1656770776065.png

Safety inspection requires no chinbar?

I've been looking at for riding dirt bike on singletrack. I'm going the same speeds as the MTB guys. I don't see why I need such a heavy, stiff thing to wear. Light and airy would be very nice.

No, what I meant was the presence of a chinbar in a lightweight helmet indicates it is very likely a non-DOT MTB helmet and not a trials helmet since there is only one trials helmet with a chinbar (from Japan, Nhuskys has one). So by the very nature of having a chinbar you tip your hand in terms of planning to ride in a non-DOT/non-FIM helmet.

It is very likely a non-issue, but I would hate to become reliant upon a MTB helmet and then find out at an event that I cannot ride because I've let my stupid open face trials helmet expire or something.

Helmet rules are odd. Nhuskys pointed out that an AMA stickler could invalidate my trials helmet starting this year because it has a GoPro mount on it.

Ah, ok. I understand you now.

Funny timing, was trying to explain helmet venting to a non-riding buddy just yesterday and pulled back the liner to show him the channels.

IMG_20220702_154657995.jpg

Well 😳 Looks like I'm immediately in the market for a new lid myself. Absolutely cannot remember ever taking a severe knock in this helmet that would've caused this. I can think of one instance falling on that side, was it was a little first gear tip over on a log. I reckon maybe that was enough.

Considering the Myers brothers are riding the Pro Class at NATC Series in MTB helmets, and getting through tech inspection. This won't work at the TDN though.

The helmet they are wearing.....

1656770776065.png
Interested in these myself. Slightly concerned about taking a stick through a vent hole. I took a stick through the cheek once. It snaked between the eye port and my goggles, so nothing's foolproof, but I ride 90% wooded single track. I'm in the fence.

Interested in these myself. Slightly concerned about taking a stick through a vent hole. I took a stick through the cheek once. It snaked between the eye port and my goggles, so nothing's foolproof, but I ride 90% wooded single track. I'm in the fence.

bmw318tech had a stick thread through a vent and embed itself under his scalp.

The Tryals Shop started carrying the Fly Rayce Helmet as an option for riders who want a full face helmet to ride trials. It's lightweight, well ventilated, and rated for watercraft, MTB, and BMX. I decided to be a Beta Tester, wearing one back to back with my Arai Penta Pro today, in 90F plus temps. What a difference in air moving and comfort. I was worried that the more solid chin bar would be intrusive, compared to the clear on the Arai.... it pretty much was invisible once I started riding! The visor is very adjustable, so can be tipped up higher than in the picture. Sizing is a bit on the smaller size, so you might have to go up. My hot weather helmet choice now for sure.

1656705139824.png
Norman I am going to get one from Mike tomorrow and I will let him know your the reason for the sale keep up the good work reviewing stuff .
Now what kind of oil should I get ?

Back
Top Bottom