What's new

From Sea to Shining Sea - TAT 2023

Yooper_Bob

Socially Inept
Member Number
So....in just a few days (weather dependent...it snowed here this morning!:dirtdog ), three of us will be setting off from northern Michigan on a grand adventure to ride the entire Trans America Trail!

This thread is what we will use to post pictures to during the trip, that we want to share with friends, family, and of course all of you rapscallions that normally hang out here.

I've been here on ADVBikes for a while, and on that other site for a really long time. The other two guys I'm going with (U.P.Gordie & limbshot3 ) are not much into forum posting...make them feel welcome.

Here is our route. The main track is in cyan/magenta segments of 200 miles each, and the other colors are shortcuts, bypasses, ways to get lost, etc!

i-MkRrKt7-X2.png

I will be riding my trusty Honda Africa twin:

i-kBkc6mG-X2.jpg

Limbshot3 (aka Jim) will be on his Royal Enfield Himalayan:

IMG_20220927_134922-X2.jpg

U.P. Gordie will be on his shiny new Tenere 700. No pic's of Gordie on his new ride, so here he is on his old KTM 990:

IMG_20220926_104345-X2.jpg

Gordie and I have been on lots of local riding adventures together...and a couple of big trips including the Continental Divide ride and the MABDR. Jim joined Gordie and I on the MABDR.

We hope to be able to post a few highlight pictures every day or so...depending on cell service.

Hope you enjoy following along...:ricky

Bob is definitely our wagon train master. Thanks for all your work Bob. This trip has been the reason I started in this sport 3 summers ago. Looking forward to the challenge and the scenery.

Update.... it's May 2nd and still snowing.

[UWSL]We've got 10"+ inches of heavy, wet, cement like snow.[/UWSL]
[UWSL] [/UWSL]
[UWSL]Power has been off and on several times in the past 24 hours.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]Will we be able to hit the road tomorrow? Stay tuned...[/UWSL]

Top Bottom Back Refresh