What's new

From Sea to Shining Sea - TAT 2023

I only took a few pictures yesterday...as mentioned, we did a bit of a marathon run (400+ miles)... mainly pavement, but we did attempt several dirt sections, but were turned back by snow.

i-WkShCK6-X2.jpg

i-FQ8xRFd-X2.jpg

i-L7mtwMf-X2.jpg

i-H38thTm-X2.jpg

Ended up at a great little campground.

Last edited:
Final day of the ride.

We finally made it to the coast! 28 days of steady riding. We skipped portions... like everyone has to...due to road closures, bridges out, snow and more snow, and just being able to get to our final destination.

i-SJn6gKN-X2.jpg

i-CWLGnFm-X2.jpg

i-D357Vqv-X2.jpg

i-ZQkf74v-X2.jpg

Finally... the Pacific!

First time I've seen it.

i-SKhRzhq-X2.jpg

i-Tf2s7zW-X2.jpg

Brrrr! Feels like Lake Superior. :lol3

i-v8SxnF8-X2.jpg

i-vLVVqrx-X2.jpg

i-zXwBcVj-X2.jpg

i-3TNpshK-X2.jpg

Tomorrow will likely be a rest day, and then the long slog home.

Congrats guys! 🤘
I doubt that anyone would have an issue with the detours, as you can't help that bridges are out or roads closed because of Mother Nature.
The TAT is what it is and riding in the spirit of it is pretty cool as is IMHO..

So... today started in Montrose Colorado. Due to the snow still on the ground, we did a little creative routing, and came up with our own version of the TAT for the day.

We rode south to Ouray, made an attempt at Yankee Boy Basin, got turned back by snow and then continued south on the Million Dollar highway. This ride never disappoints!

i-jh8fTVV-X2.jpg

i-BQM39XX-X2.jpg

We went south as far as the infamous Black Bear trail head, and then swung our steeds north to do it all over again.

i-D7LN2vV-X2.jpg

i-fSJDdTh-X2.jpg

Ignore the finger..

i-hXKpKWm-X2.jpg

We then headed to Telluride to check things out.

i-2GdfpDj-X2.jpg

i-6GSRhw9-X2.jpg

Ran into Eric from Germany riding a classic Africa Twin!

i-tCknJWD-X2.jpg

Ended the day in Monticello Utah.

i-kD27SkS-X2.jpg

i-fMh8kb6-X2.jpg

Tomorrow..... Moab!
Great Utah photos !! Looks very nice !!

Beautiful pavement today! If you're ever in the neighborhood, I recommend Oregon Rt 3 (Lewiston Highway) which turns into Washington highway 129.
20230603_150546.jpg

Our campground in Orifino is right on the Clearwater River. The Chinook are running, and we had the bonus of some wild roses growing next to our campsite.
20230603_200829.jpg

20230603_200008.jpg

Less than two hours from home and suddenly my bike has a severe wobble in the back.

Really?!?! A flat! :bluduh

A quick roadside change, and we were back on the move. I don't have any pics, but the others do....

We finally made it home (well, Gordie and I did... Jim has another half day of riding to get to his home in central Michigan).

We rode 34 out of the 35 days we were on the road.

9,303 miles total

My recliner has never felt so good!

i-M8sbCLz-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom Back Refresh