What's new

Front paddock stand.

klaviator

Scooter Trash
Member Number
I am looking to get a front stand so I can take the front wheel off my Versys for tire mounting. I have never used one before. It looks like there are two kinds of these stands. One type lifts under the steering head and the other kind lifts from under the forks. Any suggestions on what works the best?

I already have a rear stand.

I am looking to get a front stand so I can take the front wheel off my Versys for tire mounting. I have never used one before. It looks like there are two kinds of these stands. One type lifts under the steering head and the other kind lifts from under the forks. Any suggestions on what works the best?

I already have a rear stand.

I used to have one that lifted by the steering head, I liked that because it allowed the forks to be removed for service. An alternative would be to get a center stand for the bike (if they make one), then you have a way to lift the bike at all times.

The steering head one makes life the easiest but be careful the hole for the stem in the versys is abnormally large, make sure which ever one you pickup has a pin the correct size, mine didnt.

The steering head one makes life the easiest but be careful the hole for the stem in the versys is abnormally large, make sure which ever one you pickup has a pin the correct size, mine didnt.
Where you able to do something about that or did you have to get another stand?

I just used some ratchet straps over the garage rafters lol sometimes I use my dirtbike adjust able stand under the exhaust if I need the front lifted. just havent gotten around to getting the proper sized pin

I made my own under fork bottom rig. Compact, stable, quick for wheels, brakes. Overhead winch for major front teardown. Big Pit Bull fan. Might check with the home boys. 😉

Probably late to this party, but bite the bullet and get a Pit Bull hybrid front lift/stand. It'll let you lift under the forks OR under the head with a pin. You can order it with the correct adapter pin for your bike using Pit Bull's website to find the pin size/part #. I've had mine for about five years and have used it on three different motorcycles now, including two full fork removal services on two of those bikes. Otherwise I happily use it to lift under the forks for just getting the front wheel on/off. Obviously you need a rear stand or center stand deployed first!

I have an under the fork type. Works ok as long as you loosen everything up before you put it on the stand. I prefer a atv/bike jack that goes under main frame. If you plan on doing any front end work these work.

Back
Top Bottom