What's new

GasGas Trials Thread

1657292253858.png

I guess you can break anything if you try hard enough :-)

Sherco had to tell Pat to quit trying 360 flick turns because he was breaking frames and swingarms upon landing.

Well it's not much of a load or much acceleration, but technically it is both. I heard it (in person not video) yesterday and it seems to be a mechanical rattle most noticeable at low throttle, low load.

Out of commission for a while....

20221124_121701-L.jpg

20221124_121720-L.jpg

My fuel tank spigot is leaking again. It has leaked since brand new from the dealer, more or less, with a period of not leaking. My most recent fix involved cleaning the tank spigot and applying Yamabond 6B sealant. I have a hose clamp around the tank spigot. It's this twin o-ring type petcock, which I think is and was common on Gassers. (2017 GG Contact 250 large tank.)

Any suggestions?

1670706461436.png

Last edited:
My fuel tank spigot is leaking again. It has leaked since brand new from the dealer, more or less, with a period of not leaking. My most recent fix involved cleaning the tank spigot and applying Yamabond 6B sealant. I have a hose clamp around the tank spigot. It's this twin o-ring type petcock, which I think is and was common on Gassers. (2017 GG Contact 250 large tank.)

Any suggestions?

s-l500.jpg

Contact the dealer for support? If I remember correctly there was a period of time with fuel tanks being replaced for that issue.

JB weld?

Any suggestions?

1670706461436.png

Thread on Trials Central about similar issue

https://www.trialscentral.com/forums/topic/72842-gas-gas-2017-fuel-tank-leak/

Nitrile (Buna-N) o-rings for gasoline. Makes a difference. Also, I'd look at a different petcock. I don't like the ones with plastic centers. You can find better.

Top Bottom Back Refresh