What's new

Gaspesie Quebec

West Isles

Member Number
I'm planning a two-up trip with Michele around Gaspesie Quebec this summer on the RS. Probably late June.

This will be our longest trip on the bike since I got it last season, probably five nights in total. We will be leaving from SW New Brunswick, and I'm thinking three nights on the peninsula itself, to allow for lots of time to do the perimeter, as well the three north/south inland roads.

Any lodging tips, must see sights, or great road section information would be helpful.

My Butler map for the area should be arriving in the post tomorrow!

Thanks
W

The Cap Chat Aeolian is pretty interesting, although no longer working. 310 feet tall, this photo is circa 1996, that's my K75S in the left foreground.

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 3.24.41 PM.png

Route 132 is a very nice ride, right on the water. The interior ride through the national park is also very nice. If you stay in Perce, you can walk out to "the rock" at low tide; stayed at a little place right on the water with a view of the rock, although the name escapes me.

It was a great trip, have fun! I remember talking to the locals about what winter is like...the St Lawrence freezes solid.

Back
Top Bottom