What's new

General Pressure Washer info/tips/tricks

This little Karcher concrete washer works amazingly well

1657727547369.png
1657727611318.png
I have one. Best part is that it doesn't leave streaks all over like straight power washing does from uneven cleaning.

After a bit of a trial and error on placement, I finally got my wash station set up and working. I've wanted something like this for a long time and I have to say, it's really nice after a hot day riding single track.

Now I back up to it, pull the ramp out and roll the bike down and onto the stand. It used to take 10-15 minutes to set up everything and another 10-15 minutes to put it all away. Not like a huge amount of time, but it was enough to dread it and I'd put it off until i needed to wash a couple bikes. Now it's all of 10 minutes total to rinse, foam it, wash off, and blow dry.

20220717_095454.jpg
20220717_095649.jpg
20220717_100322.jpg

We use that dry ice blasting technique in the oilfield to clean large radiators. We're always in nasty blowing winds, so using water just collects mud on the radiators, and this leaves a clean dry surface. Seems like it would be too hard on stuff not made to be carried around on a Kenworth, though. :lol2

I've been really tempted to buy one of those wheeled commercial-type electric washers. If I had ever actually run water to my shop, though, I'd prefer it to be wall-mounted and deal with a long hose reel, though. Good to know there are cheaper options!

Reactions: MVI
Back
Top Bottom