What's new

GIVEAWAY! 2 Rolling Mavericks Ultralight Enduro Trail Jacks

Just tall enough to fit a pair of T6 tire levers. Most tool rolls are too tall or too bulky to fit in my tailbag, so I ended up with the tools just loose...
Interesting. I have a kriega, a Mosko Moto and a Klim tool roll. Only the Klim fits T6 levers and my levers. The others are too short :-)

Interesting. I have a kriega, a Mosko Moto and a Klim tool roll. Only the Klim fits T6 levers and my levers. The others are too short :-)

Maybe I'm wrong then... I have two, don't know what brand they are, and both are huge, way too big for my little tailbag.

You are not wrong because that is your experience. It is still useful info for me :-)

Like I said earlier if you already have a trail stand you can still enter the giveaway and winners will receive a coupon valued at $40 + free worldwide shipping.:-)

Here is mine, probably carry too much but being an aging mechanic it's an old habit.
20230119144801_IMG_3956(1).JPG

my tool roll. Been building it out for 30 years! I use a fox tool fanny pack, have only had it fall off once and was lucky enough to find it on the trail. In it are tire changing tools, including a tube snake and my fancy a$$ titanium tire irons that my wife got me for a fathers day years ago! :clap the rest is kind of obvious what its purpose is, I carry it on and off road.

plus for 2 extra entries a screen grab from my fb and insta! :happay

20230118_172624.jpg
20230118_172722.jpg
Screenshot_20230119-095344_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230119-095534_Facebook.jpg

that honda OEM spoke wrench is a future project for my Milling Machine. It needs to go on a diet.

Didado - Seeing MVI's Honda spoke wrench reminded me, have you seen a spoke wrench that works as well, but doesn't weigh 400g?

I'd like a trail spoke wrench that was basically a well-machined head that engaged the nipple as well as the Honda, but required the use of another tool as the lever. A head designed to fit on a 1/4" square drive extension would be great.
Yes, I do. I have one of those spoke wrench sets with x different sizes that you screw onto a handle. I believe M8 thread. So I leave the handle at home and have a short m8 bolt screwed into that spoke wrench head. To use it I just use my Motion Pro mini T-handle with a 13 mm socket on it. That serves as the handle. If I'm in the workshop I'll take a picture.

High marks for completing the set.

1674160453174.png
Those are exactly why I started selling Asahi Lightool wrenches. I wanted to buy a pair but realised I need to win the lottery first.

Then a buddy of mine who's an adventure-riding motorbike mechanic also told me titanium wrenches are great for emergency repairs on the trail but they don't last for 'daily wrenching' as he calls it. Titanium is not as strong as people often perceive. Reason for me to go for a cheaper and stronger option.

I absolutely love those Asahi Lightool wrenches, especially the open-ended set. You get more wrenches for almost the same weight at about a fifth of the price of MP's titanium wrenches.

FB_RMs_-01364.jpg

In February I'm getting a fresh batch of Asahi Lightools including some new ones such as a 3/8 Lightool ratchet. Unfortunately, they don't sell a 1/4 inch ratchet.

Having said all that I am a bit jealous. I love beautiful tools such as those MP titanium wrenches. They are gorgeous!:happay:happay

Didado - Seeing MVI's Honda spoke wrench reminded me, have you seen a spoke wrench that works as well, but doesn't weigh 400g?

I'd like a trail spoke wrench that was basically a well-machined head that engaged the nipple as well as the Honda, but required the use of another tool as the lever. A head designed to fit on a 1/4" square drive extension would be great.
So here's my old setup for a spoke wrench. It's not a bolt like I said earlier but a M8 locknut (13 socket).
Nowadays I would use my mini Knipex which is already in the tool roll

IMG_0801.jpeg

IMG_0802.jpeg

So here's my old setup for a spoke wrench. It's not a bolt like I said earlier but a M8 locknut (13 socket).
Nowadays I would use my mini Knipex which is already in the tool roll

IMG_0801.jpeg

IMG_0802.jpeg
that looks a lot simpler than what I started to do today

1674342361664.png

Hi, After reading your post on allroadmaniacs.nl i'll also give it a shot in the givaway :)

Here's my toolroll. enough to repair flats at the side of the road. or some small repairs.

in the future i would replace the wrenches with more lightweight wrenches. also thinking of replacing the tire levers with aluminum ones. only doubt the strength of them.

all in all it's pretty heavy but it'll do the job in case of an emergency

IMG_20230125_110148218_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom