What's new

GNCC Thread

Both Pro bike 2021 Champions poised to defend in there respective classes XC1 and XC2.
Ben Kelly XC1 and Johnny Girror XC2 ready to mix it up with the rest of the top Pros in off road racing!

Can't Wait!!

I did the Tomahawk in NY about 5 years ago. It was a good time, enjoyed the course and the format. It was well organized and signing up online went smooth.

Big crashes today.

Steward Baylor fractured his C7 and his wrist in a fall on the last lap and finished.

Thad DuVall and Johnny Girror broke their femurs from what I understand.

I’ve done a handful of GNCCs over the years. They’re always well done and the 3 hour format makes them pretty brutal. Always amazes me walking the course beforehand and there are often virgin sections that look like they basically hung arrows and cut the face slappers out. By the end of the Sundays races the trail is wide enough to drive a truck through and there are 3ft deep whoops everywhere.

Here's the the race for anyone who hasn't watched.

Last edited:
Yeah hate to see anyone getting injured and especially top contenders from a fan standpoint.

Congrats to Ben Kelly for the win! He has the ball rolling early this season and will be tough to beat. Also nice to see Josh Strang doing well and Josh Toth starting the season healthy for a change.

I was 58 years old when I raced my first GNCC so I escaped the 3 hour afternoon race and did the 2 hour morning race. Good competition in the Silver Masters B 55+ class it was fun!

GNCC Round 2 Wild Boar from Palatka Florida the Sat./Sun.!

Watched the first round on Racer TV live last week. Was listening to the announcers talking about Juha and how nobody really beat him and how he changed GNCC racing, going flat out for 3 hours..which is partly true.

I remember a guy who drove to Florida with his buddies not intending to race the GNCC. Then changed his mind and BORROWED a Honda CRF450 the day before the race. They had to do a clutch swap in the dirt parking lot with flash lights at 2:00AM on that night...He then went out and OVERALLED the afternoon race putting almost 3 minutes on the rest of the PROs AND beat Juha straight up! DOUG HENERY did this!! Let's not forget this beyond human beat down he gave everyone on a bike he never rode!!

Ok rant over lol

GNCC Round 2 Wild Boar from Palatka Florida the Sat./Sun.!

Watched the first round on Racer TV live last week. Was listening to the announcers talking about Juha and how nobody really beat him and how he changed GNCC racing, going flat out for 3 hours..which is partly true.

I remember a guy who drove to Florida with his buddies not intending to race the GNCC. Then changed his mind and BORROWED a Honda CRF450 the day before the race. They had to do a clutch swap in the dirt parking lot with flash lights at 2:00AM on that night...He then went out and OVERALLED the afternoon race putting almost 3 minutes on the rest of the PROs AND beat Juha straight up! DOUG HENERY did this!! Let's not forget this beyond human beat down he gave everyone on a bike he never rode!!

Ok rant over lol

Is Stu racing after breaking his neck or whatever happened?

No sadly Stu is out. Yeah broken neck and wrist...he's one tuff dude! Got up and finished the race that way! Thad and Johnny G. out as well.

Congrats to Ben Kelly for another win! The track was dry and deep yesterday as the Florida sands can be. The heat was also a big factor with higher then normal Temps! Joseph Garcia lands on the podium in his second try after a 4 lap battle with Ansley for P2.

Saw Josh Strang, Josh Toth and Ricky Russel had struggles and did not finish on the lead lap. Hoping for no serious injuries.

Barry is the Man!

Another Win for Ben Kelly and good to see Josh Toth get on the podium after a ruff race last week! Hope all the riders that got hurt in XC1 and XC2 heal up and come back strong!

Round 4 Tiger Run GNCC Union SC bikes today, afternoon race at 1:00PM.

Shout out to Frank M. 2X defending A Senior Champ. Tear it up Franky!!

I did not get to watch this one on RacerTV yesterday, but checked in to the live timing on my phone during the race. Looked as though BK was out to a 30 second lead on lap 1 and maintained that through lap 4. Then extended that to 45 seconds on lap 5 and a minute on lap 6 as if it was all planned...There may be a lot more to the story here but I am happy for BK and feel bad for the competition!

Reactions: N8
Kailub Russel seems to be showing Zach O the pace in the morning race! Zach is maintaining a 1 - 2 second gap behind KR at the barrels with 3 laps in.

Back
Top Bottom