What's new

Great Lines from Movies

Sorry to interrupt the reverie, but does any one of you movie fans remember a scene where a young buck asks his friends "What's the perfect romantic music for a first date?"
Someone answers "Led Zepplin IV!" and the scene immediately changes to the hapless young man on the date rocking out with the tunes cranked up to 10 behind the steering wheel with a considerably less-than-impressed girlfriend rolling her eyes.
Any of that ring a bell?

"Sir! Sir, some people went through here.
They didn't show me their passports,
and they smashed down the barrier.
They've got guns.
This is Frank speaking, sir."

"Frank, were they traveling in two jeeps?"

"Yes, sir."

"They are followed by armored cars. Can you see them?"

"Excuse me, sir.
Yes, sir. I can see one."

"Stop them right there!"

"Yes, sir.
Stop! stop! stop! stop! Stop!!!

CRASH!

"Frank?...Frank?
Frank, what was that noise?
Frank?
"

"I stopped them, sir."

John Winger: C'mon, it's Czechoslovakia. We zip in, we pick 'em up, we zip right out again. We're not going to Moscow. It's Czechoslovakia. It's like going into Wisconsin.
Russell Ziskey: Well I got the shit kicked out of me in Wisconsin once. Forget it!

Gregory Stark: You can't buy silence. You can only rent it. So if someone has something on you, they are always going to have it. So the cost has no ceiling. And the fear has no end to it. That's why some knowledge, some information is like a terminal disease. It's contagious and it's fatal.

Daryl Zero: Now, a few words on looking for things. When you go looking for something specific, your chances of finding it are very bad. Because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. When you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good. Because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them.

Daryl Zero: I can't possibly overstate the importance of good research. Everyone goes through life dropping crumbs. If you can recognize the crumbs, you can trace a path all the way back from your death certificate to the dinner and a movie that resulted in you in the first place. But research is an art, not a science, because anyone who knows what they're doing can find the crumbs, the wheres, whats, and whos. The art is in the whys: the ability to read between the crumbs, not to mix metaphors. For every event, there is a cause and effect. For every crime, a motive. And for every motive, a passion. The art of research is the ability to look at the details, and see the passion. - Zero Effect 1998

Last edited:
"I got a woman I can't stand to be more than two feet away from."

"Congratulations"

"Then again, I love to fish"

"Son, you got a problem"

Top Bottom Back Refresh