Great Sand Dunes Loop
Club Adventure ride to the Great Sand Dunes and the Sand Dunes Hot Springs
JULY 22-24 2022 Friday to Sunday
From the Colorado Springs Airport
The Great Sand Dunes Loop from Colorado Springs is a 3 Day 450 mile ride.
- This is a semi-challenging ride open to any component rider.
- Ride your Adventure motorcycle around Pikes Peak on spectacular old railroad lines from behind the Braodmoor hotel to Victor, to Canon City to Silvercliffe and over Medano Pass to the Great Sand Dunes Hot Springs.
- Day 2 Ride over 4 mountain passes on Forest service and Jeep roads to the old Railroad town of Salida.
- Day 3 Ride to the South Platte River and 11 mile canyon and back through the Garden of the Gods.
- This is an Epic Adventure route you would not do on your own.
- 60% dirt
3 Day Adventure Ride to the Great Sand Dunes. Overnight at the Sand Dunes Hot Springs and in Salida, CO.
- The Great Sand Dunes Loop is a spectacular 3 Day 400+ mile Adventure loop, that doesn’t just take you down the Highway to get there.
- Day 1 the loop visits old mining towns, railroad stops and takes little used dirt roads on a adventurous route from Colorado Springs.
- Camping is included at the San Dunes Hot Springs. with Gear portage and a Chase Truck
Oak Creek Grade on the back way down to Silvercliff. Sangre de Cristo Mountains in the background.
- The route goes around PIkes Peak towards Canon City, then into Silvercliffe and the Wet Mountain Valley
- Then the back way into the Great Sand Dunes National Monument over Medano Pass.
- If you don’t like Sand, there is an alternate route, continue scrolling.
Entering the Great Sand Dunes National Park from the east side
After riding over Medano Pass, spend the night camping at the Sand Dunes Hot Springs.
Eat, relax and soak in the Hot Springs Pool at the end of Day 1.
- Camping and soaking at the Hot Springs is included.
- The Club will portage your gear so that you may ride unencumbered.
- Ride old toll-roads and old rail lines.
- Dinner is included on Saturday Night and we’ll spend the night in Salida.
- Lodging is on you.
- Then ride down Rampart Range road from Woodland Park to Garden of the Gods.
- Ride up Pikes Peak if your game, or return to where our trucks have been securely parked at the Colorado Springs Airport
WHAT IS INCLUDED ON THIS RIDE TO THE GREAT SAND DUNES ?
Club membership is $425 and includes:
- GPS Tracks
- Ride with GPS Club membership
- Exit Tours MC Club Membership
- Camping & soaking at the Sand Dunes Hot Springs Pool Friday night
- Camaraderie of Like-minded individuals
- Luggage portage so you may ride unencumbered
- Chase truck
- Local support
- Dinner Saturday night in Salida
Sand Dunes Hot Springs Pool
CONTINUE READING: advtours.com/great-sand-dunes-loop/