What's new

Handy tools.

Amos Malone

Member Number
I found a set of these on a sale recently. I swear I can disassemble/reassemble 95% of my motorcycle using this set, that fits in my pants pocket. Even the Phillips head fits the JIS screws nicely.

716J8xnWhhL.jpg

I googled the model shown on the top part of the case in your first photo and found them for sale but didn't see any in the States although they are American made?

I searched for: BVRPE2

weird, it wouldn't accpt my link paste. the US Amazon link is in my previous post. $90, close to the similar Wera set

Knipex pliers. One of my favorites. Wrench, rivet squeezer, metal bender, light tapping hammer. It can also be adjusted with gloves on when it's minus 45 and you don't want to take off your gloves.
I must be the only person on earth that hates Knipex pliers. I bought a set of 3 sizes based on universally rave reviews but they just sit in the drawer because I find them cumbersome to adjust. It may be because I'm left handed so the adjustment button is awkward to reach.

Hand for size comparison (I didn't have a banana).

thumbnail_IMG_4027.jpg

Thanks for that review! I ordered a set to carry on my bike, should be perfect! That plus the little kit that came with the bike, a couple of spoons, a spare 21" tube (which will work on the 18" rear too in a pinch), and some zip ties and electrical tape... should be all I need to carry. And a couple pounds lighter than what I'm carrying now.

Trying to lighten up the load anywhere I can!

I must be the only person on earth that hates Knipex pliers. I bought a set of 3 sizes based on universally rave reviews but they just sit in the drawer because I find them cumbersome to adjust. It may be because I'm left handed so the adjustment button is awkward to reach.
feel free to send them to me. I'm also a lefty, but somehow manage...:D

This is an infrequently needed must have. For me, typical snap ring pliers are designed for creation of blood blisters and new sailor language. This makes removing and installing snap rings, well a "snap." (sorry, couldn't help myself). You'll thank me later.

k-d tools snap ring tool.jpg

This is an infrequently needed must have. For me, typical snap ring pliers are designed for creation of blood blisters and new sailor language. This makes removing and installing snap rings, well a "snap." (sorry, couldn't help myself). You'll thank me later.

omg yes, very helpful when rebuilding brake masters. Sometimes those replaceable tips aren't <quite> long enough to reach deep in so the longer they are the better

k-d tools snap ring tool.jpg

Yeah, I ordered this set after breaking a cheap one while working on my tractor:

71IUTuj0wjL._AC_SL1063_.jpg

After using a quality set of snap-ring pliers, I could never go back to the cheap "universal" kind.

No more blood blisters and sunday school words required...

:lol3

That tool, from KD tools I think, is different. As you turn the handle, it works the snap ring. No need to squeeze it just right while moving the ring in or out.

That tool, from KD tools I think, is different. As you turn the handle, it works the snap ring. No need to squeeze it just right while moving the ring in or out.

Yeah, my "cheap universal" comment wasn't directed at that tool, I was referring to this version from Harbor Freight that costs all of $5.

Blood blisters and swear words guaranteed:

63845_W3.jpg

Thanks for that review! I ordered a set to carry on my bike, should be perfect! That plus the little kit that came with the bike, a couple of spoons, a spare 21" tube (which will work on the 18" rear too in a pinch), and some zip ties and electrical tape... should be all I need to carry. And a couple pounds lighter than what I'm carrying now.

Trying to lighten up the load anywhere I can!
How do you like your set?

If you do any car truck pannel repairs or restoration generally. A tool i use a Lot is an Edge setter(Joddler) Brilliant tool makes repairing panels neat and tidy and saves time in my opinion i would never be without one.
s-l1600.jpg

Back
Top Bottom