[UWSL]I was wondering where to put this. It's a hot topic these days how s[/UWSL]maller cheaper bikes can be beneficial to riders.
- They're cheaper. It should not be underestimated how long, how far and in how much luxury you can travel on the price difference between BMW GS and Honda SuperCub. Ed March has taken few shots at the big bikes in his time.
- The bike creates the route. The big bikes tend to stay more on the highways while the small ones go for the slower backroads, giving you numerous opportunities to stop and enjoy the place you're in.
- Small bike is easier to pick up when you drop it.
- Small bike uses less fuel, less oil in oil changes.
- Small bikes have smaller much cheaper tires and many other parts.
- Small bikes are simpler. No full day in a dealer workshop to replace oilseal on a driveshaft.
- Small bikes have cheaper insurance.
- It is much more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than fast bike slow.