What's new

Have fun. Ride small.

Because here in the USA you NEED a ginormous pickup or SUV to drive one person to and from work!!

More seriously, I'd go for a very small and economical car but I have no need for one. My wide wouldn't go for one. She drives a small SUV. She has trouble getting in and out of a small car. I have a truck because occasionally I need a truck. Most of the time it sits in the driveway and doesn't use any gas. When I need to go somewhere by myself I almost always ride one of my scooters which is way more fun than driving a cage and uses less gas too!
Does she know you refer to her as your wide?

It's interesting how people have such different ideas on what is a small bike. I have a 400 (actually 395cc) bike. It's pretty heavy and I bought it as a two up touring bike. I consider it a midsize bike even thought the engine is pretty small. I have five bikes and three of them are smaller than my 400.

Small bikes are relative to the rider. I would love to ride a small bike but at 5'-17" it's easier said than done. Here's a shot of me with my small bike.:D
1656007202963.png

Small bikes are relative to the rider. I would love to ride a small bike but at 5'-17" it's easier said than done. Here's a shot of me with my small bike.:D
1656007202963.png
Where there's a will there's a way. There are a few small bikes you could fit on although you might have to make some modifications like a taller seat and taller handlebars or bar risers. It also depends on how small you want to go. A Grom is probably not a good option for you but most dual sports could be modified. You could probably fit on a Vespa GTS with no modifications.

I'm 5' 14" and I fit on a number of bikes that people smaller than me said were too cramped.

Where there's a will there's a way. There are a few small bikes you could fit on although you might have to make some modifications like a taller seat and taller handlebars or bar risers. It also depends on how small you want to go. A Grom is probably not a good option for you but most dual sports could be modified. You could probably fit on a Vespa GTS with no modifications.

I'm 5' 14" and I fit on a number of bikes that people smaller than me said were too cramped.
I hear you and I am working on it. My '07 GS Adventure is getting tired and my plan is to eventually replace it with a Moto Guzzi V85TT. I know that the MG isn't a small bike but I will be downsizing.

I am also considering a Honda CRF300l Rally for back road riding. I'm getting there one step at a time.

I have a couple of friends who have V85TTs. On a recent ride I switched bikes and rode one for a while. In many ways the V85 felt like my old R1100GS. It felt a bit long. It was comfortable and had a good ride. Steering was slow but light. It wasn't a powerhouse but had plenty of power for me.

P5270025 (2).JPG

My friend rode my Versys and now calls it a cheater bike on curvy roads. My Versys is definitely lighter and sportier but not nearly as comfortable as the V85.

Top Bottom Back Refresh