What's new

Honda Announces 10 New Electric Models by 2025

cabanza

Member Number
4-Global-electric-motorcycle-lineup_attached-to-press-release.jpg

Models we'll see in the US (because we're not getting all 10 of them)

Honda_motos_electricas_2050-4.jpg

Electric bikes will be pretty cool to ride, will accelerate well, but yes they will lack some visceral thrill.

I drove an electric go-kart and the pickup was pretty bonkers. The performance aspect is there.

Wow, looks like fun...
Said nobody.

Throw it away when the battery dies.

Glad I got one of the best Honda gassers before they go retard.

Go long on towing companies.
Safe investment.

I test rode a Zero motorcycle and it was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, the fun only lasted 70 or so miles before it needed to be recharged.
While I was at the Barber Vintage Festival in 2016, I got to ride a then-new Zero (dual sport?) around the facility on Sunday as everyone was clearing out. It belonged to the vendor I went with and was pretty cool, but as mentioned there's the no-fun charge time aspect. I took an alcohol-aided video while riding it around with one hand and my GoPro in the other, note the acceleration in some moments (warning, loud wind noise)

I think a speedometer with a swinging needle will help some of us.

I'll be deaf enough by the time an electric bike might be plausible in my life, so the stupid whirring sounds won't bother me much, I guess.

I think a speedometer with a swinging needle will help some of us.

I'll be deaf enough by the time an electric bike might be plausible in my life, so the stupid whirring sounds won't bother me much, I guess.
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of a digital speedo either but the 25 or so to 55 acceleration was quite surprising to me, though it was the first and only e-bike I've ridden too.

cabanza, thanks for pulling some different sources together. I think Honda is positioned to make mass produced e-bikes work well.

Another interesting slide from that one hour presentation.

1663162040194.png
It is a very ambitious plan. If Honda wants to be successful, they need to invest in infrastructure IMO. Switchable batteries are the way to go. It will be interesting to see what comes out in the next couple of years. Not just from Honda but from KTM and Yamaha as well. While BMW already has an interesting product, it's too high end and it won't reach the masses.

I live in the center of Houston where an electric motorcycle or scooter would make a lot of sense. While range is important, charging time remains the main obstacle. If or when a manufacturer offers models with switchable batteries that can be found at every street corner, I'll be at the dealership with payment in hand. I think Taiwan is leading the way with Gogoro. If any manufacturer can convince buyers, it's gotta be Honda.

I test rode a Zero motorcycle and it was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, the fun only lasted 70 or so miles before it needed to be recharged.
I only got 49 miles, but I am am a plus sized rider

Top Bottom Back Refresh