What's new

Honda CB300X Adventure Bike

Amos Malone

Member Number
Honda has released a teaser for the new CB300X Adventure Bike.
This is based on the CB300F, which is powered by a 293cc, air-oil-cooled, single-cylinder engine producing 24.47PS and 25.6Nm. Weight is estimated to tip the scales at 180 kg.
Assembly is in India.
Honda-CB200X-Specs.jpg

Last edited:
Why would anyone buy this over the Versys-X 300 that weighs approximately the same and makes ten more horsepower? Both bikes even look similar…. the only plus would be the tubeless wheels on the Honda.

Honda has released a teaser for the new CB300X Adventure Bike.
This is based on the CB300F, which is powered by a 293cc, air-oil-cooled, single-cylinder engine producing 24.47PS and 25.6Nm. Weight is estimated to tip the scales at 180 kg.
Assembly is in India.
Honda-CB200X-Specs.jpg

I think it says "200X" on the tank.

Honda makes a CB150X sold in Asia:

Here's the Indian page for the CB200X

It makes 17 HP for 324 pounds.

I think it says "200X" on the tank.

Honda makes a CB150X sold in Asia:
Correct. But the silhouette is the same, and it will be single cylinder, unlike the CB500X. Alas, it's hard to get good photos of bikes released on the other side of the world.

Screenshot 2023-07-09 at 17.59.12.png

Correct. But the silhouette is the same, and it will be single cylinder, unlike the CB500X. Alas, it's hard to get good photos of bikes released on the other side of the world.

Screenshot 2023-07-09 at 17.59.12.png

Which country is this from?

Why would anyone buy this over the Versys-X 300 that weighs approximately the same and makes ten more horsepower? Both bikes even look similar…. the only plus would be the tubeless wheels on the Honda.
I would expect the Honda to weigh less. The Versys 300x weighs nearly as much as a first gen KLR650 (381 vs 401 wet) I would expect the single cylinder Honda to weigh at least 30 pounds less, maybe more. Until it comes out and we can see some specs and reviews it is hard to make any meaningful comparison.

The press is speculating that since it's supposedly based on the 300 aircooled engine, not the Euro5 300 watercooled (as in CRF300) it might be made and marketed only in India.
More information about the CB300F donor bike reveals 153 kilo kerb weight, 14 liter fuel tank and about 3 liters per 100 km. No mention of ABS.
Some journalists speculate that this is an exercise by Honda to get rid of bunch of already bought/made frames and engines, since the CB300F is barely moving in the showrooms in India.
XRE300 is another possible name.

The teaser doesn't show much. I'm not even sure how they get the conclusions they have written about.

The press is speculating that since it's supposedly based on the 300 aircooled engine, not the Euro5 300 watercooled (as in CRF300) it might be made and marketed only in India.
More information about the CB300F donor bike reveals 153 kilo kerb weight, 14 liter fuel tank and about 3 liters per 100 km. No mention of ABS.
Some journalists speculate that this is an exercise by Honda to get rid of bunch of already bought/made frames and engines, since the CB300F is barely moving in the showrooms in India.
XRE300 is another possible name.

The teaser doesn't show much. I'm not even sure how they get the conclusions they have written about.

There is an XRE sold in Latin America. Here's the one from Honda Mexico:

It's an air cooled engine and is a little different from the CB300F sold in India.

Yamaha XT250 is one of my favourites.
Screenshot_20230711-215715_Gallery.jpg

And all the cheap little ones, that you buy in a store that sells washing machines.

Last edited:
I would like the tmx 150 with decent tires. Already have an xt225 and tw. Small bikes work well in many situations. Liquid cooled small bikes is questionable. Just adds more parts that could fail or get damaged.

Top Bottom Back Refresh