What's new

Honda SCL500

Accessorized

honda_cl250_cl500_customized_19-jpg.jpg

Nice walkaround the CL500. While the Transalp has my attention, there's something about a simple motorcycle.

If you're like me and crave more pics of the CL500:

That's 70 of them in that link. I think it's a really good looking bike.

Honda_CL500_2023_050.jpg

I like it but the tank is a step backwards IMO, the more standard-looking tank on the original picture to me looks the part more. And what is it with the super high passenger pegs, I mean are they being chauvinistic about the expected passenger being short/having short legs?? It's the same as sport bikes, who the hell wants to have their legs so scrunched up?

Otherwise I think it's a pretty cool new bike, though with all the modern electronics on it the price is probably higher than it could/should be

Honda Austria has announced pricing on the CL 500: 7,490 euros (that's OTD). In comparison, the Rebel 500 SE is priced at 7,690 euros. The Rebel 500 SE retails at $6,949 in the US to which you add $400 in destination charges and $200 in freight surcharge therefore it's $7,549.

Anyway, could the CL500 be priced lower than the Rebel 500 here in the US?

I searched US otd pricing on the cb500x. It seemed many buyers were paying over $10k otd. Bare minimum around here is $1700 plus msrp on any model. So my guess average otd will be $8700-$9500

I searched US otd pricing on the cb500x. It seemed many buyers were paying over $10k otd. Bare minimum around here is $1700 plus msrp on any model. So my guess average otd will be $8700-$9500
Man, I hope not.

Man, I hope not.
It is region based. I lost my yamaha dealer yrs ago. In 2016 I had a deposit for a T7 at less than 400lbs. Sad story but someone will get a smokin deal and someone will get burned. To dismiss the reality is the true moto crime. I bought 2 different 2022 models...it was not exactly a great experience. My tw was a trade...otd $6500 for an AG style tw. I have no answers unless the big 4 drop ships at a set price.

The CL500 is a little cheaper in Germany than Austria: 6,990 euros instead of 7,490 euros. That's OTD. Probably comes down to taxes.

I hope Honda brings the blue one.

Honda-CL-500-Scrambler-169Gallery-9a392db7-1950936.jpg

Honda Europe just released 3 short videos showcasing the different accessories available:

Honda is not listing anything on the site! Not cl, not trans alp, not xr150l ....nothing! But the sxs and 4 wheelers. Im loosing faith in the big 4...kinda zook listed many new bikes with prices.

Honda is not listing anything on the site! Not cl, not trans alp, not xr150l ....nothing! But the sxs and 4 wheelers. Im loosing faith in the big 4...kinda zook listed many new bikes with prices.
Honda is definitely taking their time. I think there still are some production delays. I do believe those bikes will come to the US. If not for the summer, late in the year as an early 2024 model.

Honda is definitely taking their time. I think there still are some production delays. I do believe those bikes will come to the US. If not for the summer, late in the year as an early 2024 model.
Ya I think we are last in line. Maybe there is no hurry as inventory is built back up on many models. Pricing might be a factor. A dealer here has crf450l listed for $12k plus fees. I was a little shocked!

Honda France will price the CL500 at 6,990 euros (OTD). The article I read also mentioned that, just like the Transalp, the CL500 will be available in May. Since CARB does not show any new certifications, Honda isn't in a rush to introduce these new models in the US. I'm just gonna say it: we're not going to see them for Spring.

I sill wonder if pricing is a big part. Ever since some dealers have added enormous fees things have been odd. If the cl500 is priced at $7800 msrp...then some dealers will try for $9800 otd. There are accounts of $7500 otd on tw200. Sooner or later something has to change. Honda might decide to play it safe and hold back on the US market. I would like to see a tier type moto only dealer system. This would allow a larger dealer network comprised of small time investors. The navi exposed the madness of 200% msrp...$3600 as being the "normal" otd. Now for the backlash.

Back
Top Bottom