What's new

Honda SCL500

I'm puzzled why Honda is basing it on the Rebel instead of on the 500F standard. Seems like it would take less work to convert the F to a scrambler, i.e. footpeg and seating position is already scrambleresque on the F.

I'm puzzled why Honda is basing it on the Rebel instead of on the 500F standard. Seems like it would take less work to convert the F to a scrambler, i.e. footpeg and seating position is already scrambleresque on the F.
The rebel has twin shocks and the CB a single shock. If you read the link they wanted a twin shock bike.

The rebel has twin shocks and the CB a single shock. If you read the link they wanted a twin shock bike.
I'll admit I didn't read the link, although I had read a different article that didn't mention the twin shocks. My bad. Marketing trumps engineering every time :D

I'll admit I didn't read the link, although I had read a different article that didn't mention the twin shocks. My bad. Marketing trumps engineering every time :D
It's all about appearance. That is what sells bikes. Possibly using the Rebel frame will cost less as well and that is also very important on smaller bikes.

Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 09-56-29 Is Honda Busy Working On A Pair Of CL 250 And CL 500 Scrambl...png

I'm sure it will look cool but I can't see buying one over the 500X.

The Bike may or may not fit in with what you want from a bike of that kind(whatever that is exactly) . And I personaly have to admit to being a fan of the CMX500 in its normal form.
however this to me (and i am not criticizing honda or marketing in general for this) But This IMO is Just one more incarnation that's possibly not necessary.
Now all this could well depend on how much honda acctualy put into developing this bike, by that i mean if honda say follow triumphs Route with their curent Scrambler. OK then fine its going to be genuinely Capable and as good as more dedicated bikes yet in the classic styling. But if its Just a farmed up CMX500 catering for nothing more than a trend, then hard as this might sound. I think its then an incarnation the majority will walk straight past.

If you look at the patent drawing, the location of the exhaust would prohibit a passenger peg IMO.

Another montage from Young Machine. Several sources online are reporting that Honda will have a CL300 and CL500 - Asia gets a CL250 because they have a Rebel 250. Makes sense as we have the Rebel 300 and 500.

Young-Machine_2022-August_02.jpg

This is not a bike I have any interest in but I applaud Honda for offering more lighter, simpler and less expensive bikes. Bikes like these will get more people out riding.

I'll definitely take a close look when they are announced! I hope Honda keeps the 19/17 wheel combo from the CB500X. The CB500X is a really nice bike. I just don't care much for its styling. The 500 cc engine is very nice. Smooth, torquey, and sips on gas. Most people get 65 mpg. What's not to like?

The little scramblers should definitely be out sometime in 2023. They are out and will be out in other parts of the world.

b_honda-cl500-2023-32-jpg.jpg

b_honda-cl500-2023-35-jpg.jpg

b_honda-cl500-2023-45-jpg.jpg
b_honda-cl500-2023-49-jpg.jpg
b_honda-cl500-2023-52-jpg.jpg
b_honda-cl500-2023-54-jpg.jpg

b_honda-cl500-2023-55-jpg.jpg

4 colors total for the 500. I doubt we will see them all here in the US. I'd love a blue one.

421089_23ym_cl500-jpg.jpg

421093_23ym_cl500-jpg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom