What's new

Honda CRF300L and Rally with Low Suspension

cabanza

Member Number
Honda will introduce a variation of the CRF300L this year:

I think Honda is copying Kawasaki and its new CRF300LS will have lower suspension. That would make the bike more interesting to a city dweller like me.

Yup only suzuki wont have a low model. The low bikes do well in the muck.

No announcement yet but Honda USA but Honda Japan has made a few minor changes to the CRF250L (they don't get the 300) and a new color. May be the new color will trickle down here too?

23CRF250L_gray_7.jpg

23CRF250L_gray_10.jpg

Honda Japan has specs out for the CRF250L and CRF250LS - Japan doesn't get a 300 cc. The difference listed is in the seat height: 34.7 inches to 32.5 inches. There you go. Mystery solved on the LS version. Honda just needs to make that announcement that everybody's been waiting for...

The "S" also applies to the Rally version. It also comes with a lower seat. Will Honda offer both versions in the US for the Rally?

We’ll have to check that out when it hits the market. My wife really likes her XT250, but a 6th gear and a modern design might be a worthwhile upgrade.

We’ll have to check that out when it hits the market. My wife really likes her XT250, but a 6th gear and a modern design might be a worthwhile upgrade.
Should be sometime this year because CARB shows certification for a 286 cc bike back on December 14. No link to PDF which means Honda is keeping it hush-hush. Kawasaki did the same for their ZX-4RR. The bike was listed on CARB without a PDF to show model name.

Here's the Honda Japan video for the CRF250L and CRF250LS. At about 45 seconds, you can see both models with the "S" being taller. Same at 1:30 for the Rally version. There is a "low" and "regular" version of the bikes.

Whoa. That’s the book height for the XT250, which feels like it’s about 28”…

Whoa. That’s the book height for the XT250, which feels like it’s about 28”…
There's only a $400 difference between the 2 bikes. The Honda should steal customers away from Yamaha.

There's only a $400 difference between the 2 bikes. The Honda should steal customers away from Yamaha.
No doubt. I’m trying to figure out if I should put a deposit on one to upgrade my wife’s ride. Seems like it would be a better bike.

I find myself interested in the CRF300LS. I've been looking at specs over and over. The CRF has a 14T/40T set of sprockets. The CB300R has a 14T/36T set. Has anyone messed with the sprocket sizes for street oriented riding?

I've seen supermoto rims and tires on the CRF300L but has anyone seen or done a 19"/ 17" combo?

Hmm I bet you could regear. The wind resistance is the biggest factor in regear besides pulling loaded inclines. Run sleak bags and a tight jacket. Not all setups slip through the "fluid" the same. I got away with a drastic regear on a ct70 clone. 15/32 to 17/32 with a much larger tire. I was tempted to regear my strom the other way. 17/41 to 17/47. I will save that option for serious other mods. Which usually coincide with gear changes. So efficient gearing needs other efficiency mods. Windscreen and sleek tail bag.

Hit or miss kinda...the older tw crowd ran dual sprockets. Because gearing is never right. If the 300 can easily swap the counter and has enough chain for a 16. Then the best of both worlds is with a 15 min swap. And the counter shaft sprocket is easily stored for trips.

Well, the local dealer had told me that our 300LS would be here by the end of April when I first put down my deposit. It’s now the end of May. So, normal stuff.

The wait for the 300LS….. continues with no change. Looks like some XR150’s are starting to show up, but this bike is of course running late.

Back
Top Bottom