What's new

Honda CT125 or Trail 125 thread

We are at the end of March but your dealer says they won't get any bikes until the end of 2022? That would mean they would not be getting anything for the entire riding season. That sounds odd.
They are getting a few in but they are sold already. The other 3 dealers I've spoken to have no idea when they will get anything. I'm going to stop by a few of them on Saturday and talk to people in person and see what the deal is.

My local dealers say they won't get any more CT125's or Monkeys until next year or have no idea when any are coming in. No CT 125's even listed online within 350 miles of me and those could be gone as well. Seems a tad ridiculous that Honda can't supply a few to each dealer.

My dealer said Honda is making some available in April. He is going to try and get a few. He has one on the floor but it is spoken for. I hope to be able to get my name on one of the ones that are coming in April.

I have been toying with the idea of adding pegs to my Trail. I am thinking that ordering the swingarm from Webike would probably be a better idea than having the current swingarm drilled. Honda Japan clearly shows a drilled swingarm with pegs attached:

I have gotten the part number from Bike Bandit and plugged that number into Webike. It came out the same which means to me that if I buy the swingarm from Webike, it should already been drilled and ready to go. I of course would ask before placing my order.

Has anyone thought about doing the same or knows someone who's done what I have in mind?
I thought the same thing, got a price for the 52200-K2E-J00ZB Swingarm (this version has the passenger peg bosses drilled and tapped) from WeBike for $225.91, this was a bit more than a year ago. I decided to drill and tap my own swingarm instead, figured if I screwed it up then I could buy one. I ended up buying all the components for the passenger pegs from WeBike using the part numbers from the Australian parts catalog (let me know if you need them, though I think others have listed them). I'd seen the video (VintageGarage?) of the guy drilling and tapping his on the bike, and decided my hand drilling skills were not up to that. Instead I removed the swingarm and drilled the blind holes in a drill press, made it super simple to keep everything square and nice. The swingarm comes off very easily. I really like the look and feel of the passenger pegs. The build quality is A+. I hadn't seen this design before - the rubber cover is compressed along its axis to act as the detent spring to give the peg its up and down positions. Clever.

I thought the same thing, got a price for the 52200-K2E-J00ZB Swingarm (this version has the passenger peg bosses drilled and tapped) from WeBike for $225.91, this was a bit more than a year ago. I decided to drill and tap my own swingarm instead, figured if I screwed it up then I could buy one. I ended up buying all the components for the passenger pegs from WeBike using the part numbers from the Australian parts catalog (let me know if you need them, though I think others have listed them). I'd seen the video (VintageGarage?) of the guy drilling and tapping his on the bike, and decided my hand drilling skills were not up to that. Instead I removed the swingarm and drilled the blind holes in a drill press, made it super simple to keep everything square and nice. The swingarm comes off very easily. I really like the look and feel of the passenger pegs. The build quality is A+. I hadn't seen this design before - the rubber cover is compressed along its axis to act as the detent spring to give the peg its up and down positions. Clever.
Thanks for sharing. I'm on the fence at this time but if/ when I decide to go that route, I'll be sure to holler.

There are a number of boxes that are available. Who's got what?

Honda box
0SS-KE-SB1GTCT.jpg

GIVI
0SS-XD-18873.jpg

GIVI
0SS-XD-97066.jpg

GIVI
0SS-XD-98488.jpg

Or something else?

If I am able to get one I plan on going with MotolordD box which seems to be the same as the Honda one you have listed.

1648757943451.jpeg

That Honda box looks nice, the GIVI boxes look like an afterthought. The OEM rack has threaded holes in it, that makes mounting any box pretty easy. Check out the food delivery box I posted above. Just poke a couple holes in the bottom, large washers and it is rock solid. I think I could use it for a road trip. It is also great for picking up groceries.

412C292C-6684-4A91-967F-14E4D9EDE291.jpeg

On the topic of soft bags, has anyone ordered anything from Cub House in Thailand? They also offer a Trail 125 bag

11-1.png

Lots of colors overseas, but you can have any color you want in the U.S., as long as it's red.
At least we get the BEST color for this bike. I have no desire in seeing it in Matte black or grey. Yellow or blue would look nice.

Would just be nice to have some color options, tan, green we have seen and I've seen Yellow online not sure if it was custom. You could do a red and white version fairly easy by just taking off the fenders and body plastics and then leave the frame and forks red.

maxresdefault.jpg

What's cornering clearance like with stock pegs & suspension?

For that matter, how's the suspension? Is it a pogo stick, and are there useful upgrades that don't cost a lot?

I have not touched the pegs yet but it is difficult to get super aggressive around the city, where I have mostly been riding.

He suspension is not awful but does need some TLC. There are a few options out there. I saw Ohlins does some rear shocks. Not cheap, at $900 for a pair of shocks but $900 for 2 shocks is not bad. There are other options for 1/3 that amount. I have seen some fork upgrades too.

YYS makes some stuff for the front and rear. I will probably pull the trigger on the front and rear set.

I found a 13t front sprocket on Amazon.

The weather is a bit chilly right now for a good test ride, Wednesday is looking good for a ride.

9D3877B5-9B7A-4677-8E05-BC82C152EEC9.jpeg

The 2022s are out! There are currently (at least) 6 2022 Trail 125 in the Houston area.

Yeah, many dealers in the area are supposed to get them soon. I think I found a dealer that is going to sell me one at MSRP and no other fees.

Top Bottom Back Refresh