What's new

Honda Dax

cabanza

Member Number
The big question is: will we see it in the US? While Colin Miller (Honda USA) has commented on Revzilla that Honda USA currently has no plan on bringing it to the US, it may also have to do with the current situation, a higher demand and low supply. I think the original CT was made for the US market so I can't believe Honda wouldn't sell the Dax in the US at some point.

Countries that are getting the Dax so far: All of Europe, Japan, and Thailand.

I think the Dax is the best of the mini motos right now. It combines the best of the Trail 125, the Monkey, and the GROM.

FO9i6VIVsAA-nrX?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

FO9jFRjVkAUyaKN?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

If they bring it here they need to ditch the tacky graphics and use the ones from the old trail 70s

honda-ct70-left-side-jpg.4355

Attachments

• Honda-CT70-Left-Side.webp
    218.4 KB · Views: 15
The old Trail 70 was one of my first dream bikes. I still love the way it looks. If not for that I'd probably be OK with the looks of the new Dax. If I got one I'd want it to look like the dream bike of my youth.

Dual shock from the Monkey, Semi automatic gearbox from the Trail, high exhaust (Trail and Monkey), 12" wheels (Monkey and GROM), USD forks (GROM), dual seat (GROM) AND it's got a metal frame.

Before I bought my Trail 125, I thought it'd be great to have the 5 speed manual gearbox from the GROM. The new 4 speed semi auto on the Trail is all it needs. I bet it's even better on the 2022 Super Cub with the new updated engine.

Dual shock from the Monkey, Semi automatic gearbox from the Trail, high exhaust (Trail and Monkey), 12" wheels (Monkey and GROM), USD forks (GROM), dual seat (GROM) AND it's got a metal frame.

Before I bought my Trail 125, I thought it'd be great to have the 5 speed manual gearbox from the GROM. The new 4 speed semi auto on the Trail is all it needs. I bet it's even better on the 2022 Super Cub with the new updated engine.
So do you think it will ever be offered in US ?

So do you think it will ever be offered in US ?
I could see Honda replacing the Super Cub with the Dax since the Cub doesn't sell that well. It would also solve most people's complaint about the Super Cub: single seat.

The GROM is offered in 3-4 colors and so is the NAVI. The Super Cub and the Trail, only 1 color. Even the Monkey is offered in 2 colors. How many people actually want to buy a Trail 125? May be not as many as we are led to believe...

Don't they all have a metal frame?

It'd be interesting to see the NA sales numbers for all of Honda's mini-motos. I'd think the SuperCub would lag behind all but the Tupperware NAVI, but I may be wrong.

I like the doggo decal, but I think the Dax looks a little too dorky. Reminds me of a NASA M2-F1.

1649003159641.png
Lol! Duh! Yes they all have a metal frame. :lol3

My local Honda dealer told me each dealer was allocated 6 NAVIs for the first 6 months which by default means they already sold more NAVIs than Super Cubs.

I like the Dax best out of all the mini-motos, the two I'm not interested in are the two readily available SC and Grom, There isn't a CT125 within 400 miles of me and I live in the general DC area so not out in the stix.

If NA Honda thinks they have enough mini-motos I'd like to see them replace the SC with the Dax.

The Grom has been Honda's Best selling street bike for years and I don't see that changing. I think Honda way underestimated the demand for the Trail Cub. The Super Cub is more of a Nostalgia bike and the initial high demand seems to have worn off but high gas prices might push the demand back up. It is a very frugal commuter. I think Honda went too High tech on the SC with things like the Key Fob. That drove the price up and I think has hurt sales.

Although the Grom is a street bike many have used them for off road. A couple from NZ rode from NYC to the Pacific via the TAT on Groms. At the Barber Small Bore event last year Groms did a a lot better than Monkey bikes in the dirt races. That was probably more due to the riders than the bikes. I didn't see any Trail Cubs racing.

The new Dax? It will be interesting to see how it sells. Like the others it will have that initial "new bike" demand but who knows how it will sell long term.

Best looking of their Mini-motos IMO; can't see myself adding another though unless they made a "big Ruckus Version" that's probably the only way I'd trade-in the Monkey.

I have a 2011 clone ct70 and it is kinda wicked. A handle bar mounted rear brake would be nice. Mine is manual 4 speed stroker 125 motor. With honda's backlog Ive given up on the real deal, but I am tempted to go cl70 clone build while the bikes are available. The 17" wheels would help in alot of situations.

Who makes a good clone?
Good question. My 2011 ct70 was imported by Piranha. Skyteam badged built by sacin. Alot of the parts were for JDM models. The cl70 which I cant believe we can get...I have no idea till I get my hands on one. But all the honda parts should fit.

The ct70 being sold currently are probably sacin/skyteam models badged Icebear. The ct70 parts use to be cheaper for modding. Still fun bikes and I have given mine hell. I want the bigger wheels of the cl70 for a current build. Basically check over and add tires. Then tune the carb. Very simple bikes! Some quirks but easy to fix or mod around. Plus you get a kickstart and electric.

Back
Top Bottom