What's new

Honda Hornet

cabanza

Member Number
Some sites claim it will be a 750 parallel twin.

Honda gives us a glimpse of the design process. Looks too futuristic for me.

-nouvelle-Hornet-2023-documents-officiels-1-scaled.jpg

I hadn't see any posts from you in a while... maybe I'm just hanging around the wrong sub-forums? Honda seems to like those anime-looking designs... if the production of that Hornet looks like those drawings.

Some sites claim it will be a 750 parallel twin.

Honda gives us a glimpse of the design process. Looks too futuristic for me.

The original was awesome, I see them now and then on Craigslist.

I love the new engines and all that they've done with horsepower and weight, but when for the love of God will the styling go in a different direction? I am so over the cafe/sport bike/disco bike trend.

I'm sure I'm pretty much alone in that feeling though.

I love the new engines and all that they've done with horsepower and weight, but when for the love of God will the styling go in a different direction? I am so over the cafe/sport bike/disco bike trend.

I'm sure I'm pretty much alone in that feeling though.
"cafe/sport bike/disco bike trend", What's left and what's disco, that ugly transformers styling? The Honda CB1000R is one of the best looking motorcycles I've ever seen, so I don't know why they would want the Hornet to look like a KTM because KTMs are just ugly as f#ck!

What's left and what's disco
I have no idea what's left to be the next style trend, the only bike I "designed" is just a makeover of a vintage Honda anyway and most people don't like it. "Disco" was a term applied not long after the sport bike styling became ubiquitous, in part because during the disco era everybody dressed pretty much the same when going to the club.

Some of the modern naked bikes are okay, most of my gripe is the ridiculous amount of/style of the bodywork on most sport bikes. My primary dislike of the CB1000R - and trust me, I'm a Honda guy, all but 2 of the 36 bikes I've owned since age 14 have been Hondas - is the jacked up rear end for seemingly no reason. Single shock suspension is great but that much wheel clearance belongs on (and is only necessary for) a motocross bike IMHO. The horsepower and design are fabulous today although I'm not fond of all the electronics but cars are the same unfortunately. Oh, and the price too... I'm an old broke-dick and would love to own a modern fuel injected electronic ignition bike but I couldn't afford one even if there was one I actually wanted.

BUT, I know nothing is going to change just based on my opinion and/or interest.

[/rant] :D

Can't like any of the photos...that headlight/windscreen/front beak treatment is atrocious. Probably a great bike from the triple tree on back.

Back
Top Bottom