What's new

Honda Monkey

cabanza

Member Number
I had a 2019 and loved it. But I keep going back and forth with the GROM. That seat is so plush though.

The black one for 2022 is the best color IMO.

6000000001.jpg

I love the monkey. When I sat on one I couldn't believe how comfortable it was and how well I fit on it. I'm 6-2. However, I think I would probably buy a Grom before a Monkey. The new 2022 Grom seems reasonably comfortable.

The thing is that I really like all four of Honda's 125cc mini motos so choosing just one would be tough.

I love the monkey. When I sat on one I couldn't believe how comfortable it was and how well I fit on it. I'm 6-2. However, I think I would probably buy a Grom before a Monkey. The new 2022 Grom seems reasonably comfortable.

The thing is that I really like all four of Honda's 125cc mini motos so choosing just one would be tough.
Yeah you can't just buy one. :lol3

I will say that Honda hit a homerun with the new GROM. It's more comfortable (seat), it's got better suspension and the handlebar seems taller than the previous version, and it's got a larger tank too. It's very close to a Monkey. The rest really comes to style preference IMO.

I picked up one for my wife's birthday and outfitted it with some aftermarket goodies. She has not taken to it much but I HAVE.

Attachments

• 2021 Honda Monkey 125.JPG
    2021 Honda Monkey 125.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • Monkey ADV.JPG
    Monkey ADV.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 8
Another special edition from Thailand. I think it's fun what Cub House does.

FpRJ92rXwAEfr84?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

FpRJ92wXEAIB95o?format=png&name=900x900.png

3n5XtjE&tn=DnZE2Q7M6gO-bI3n&_nc_ht=scontent-hou1-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=Oa4_RZgTC1wAX9sxixk&_nc_ht=scontent-hou1-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=pe8xGwMdRIsAX8l0gQV&_nc_ht=scontent-hou1-1.jpg

I put a 38 tooth rear sprocket on my 2023 and it really improved the top speed.
5th gear is too tall stock to get to the power band, but just one tooth more on the back really helps!

I put a 38 tooth rear sprocket on my 2023 and it really improved the top speed.
5th gear is too tall stock to get to the power band, but just one tooth more on the back really helps!
Do you have the 15T/38T like the GROM?

As as guess, about 56 mph.
Before the sprocket change, my speedo was spot on and the average top speed at sea level, llevel ground, no tuck was 52.
The motor could do 52 in 4th gear and 5th gear and 5th gear did not seem to get to the power peak.

With the sprocket change the speedo reads 2 mph faster, it may be 1.5 or 2.4 mph faster, more testing needs to be done.
But I can hit 58 to 60 mph which is about 56 to 58 mph roughly.
I found myself doing 62 mph indicated behind traffic!
That is a NICE boost for just a sprocket change.
If I pulled the snorkle off that would be even higher!

Honda Thailand is introducing at least 2 special editions of the Monkey including this Freddy Spencer edition:

Monkey125-Freddy-spencer-2.jpg

Monkey125-Freddy-spencer-1.jpg

Monkey125-Freddy-spencer-3.jpg

Monkey125-Freddy-spencer-4.jpg

Monkey125-Freddy-spencer-5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom