What's new

Honda NAVI

cabanza

Member Number
I can't believe Honda is selling it in the US!

FN6nXkOWYAEH82l?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

I gotta be honest and say I don't see this bike being as successful as the other minimotos. While it may sound harsh, it's lightyears from what Honda sells in the US. The specs are very low and so is the quality. My guess is that Honda is trying its hardest to bring in new riders to the table but I think the Dax would do a better job than the NAVI. Or make an automatic GROM, Honda.

I gotta be honest and say I don't see this bike being as successful as the other minimotos. While it may sound harsh, it's lightyears from what Honda sells in the US. The specs are very low and so is the quality. My guess is that Honda is trying its hardest to bring in new riders to the table but I think the Dax would do a better job than the NAVI. Or make an automatic GROM, Honda.

At $1800 the Navi is $700 cheaper than the 50cc Metropolitan and I doubt that if the Dax ever makes it to the US that it would be under $3000. I think that the 110cc Navi will sell well and is perfect for urban areas and college campuses.

At $1800 the Navi is $700 cheaper than the 50cc Metropolitan and I doubt that if the Dax ever makes it to the US that it would be under $3000. I think that the 110cc Navi will sell well and is perfect for urban areas and college campuses.
In theory yes but the NAVI isn't $1,800. Most dealers sell them for about $3,000 OTD. That's a huge price difference from retail (40% extra).

You are also right about the NAVI selling well. But keep in mind that supply is low and there's the "new" factor associated with it. I am going to make the prediction that interest will die down within 2 years. Plus how long until its carburated engine doesn't meet EPA requirements? I was surprised it passed CARBS in California. Having said that, I don't want to be too negative. Whatever number of new riders it brings to motorcycling, it's a plus.

The price point for a Honda badged scooter is key here. If dealers want to get $3000 for a scoot that has a $1800 MSRP then they deserve to be ignored. I don't think that we are disagreeing here but maybe just looking at it from different perspectives.

The price point for a Honda badged scooter is key here. If dealers want to get $3000 for a scoot that has a $1800 MSRP then they deserve to be ignored. I don't think that we are disagreeing here but maybe just looking at it from different perspectives.
I don't disagree with you at all. It is a dealer's perception. A local dealer could not understand how Honda could price a 110 cc lower than the 50 cc Ruckus. In that guy's mind, cc/ power meant higher (OTD) price. The Ruckus is a better finished bike with different features. It doesn't just come down to power and size. A GROM is fairly expensive for what it is but good brakes and decent suspension plus quality plastics mean a higher price.

No way would I pay that much over retail for a Navi. Heck, I'll keep on riding my Ice Bear Champion!

Attachments

• CameraZOOM-20220219153302064.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20220219153302064.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 21
That's a nice Chonda, and I mean that in a good way. How has your experience with it been?
1648567301917.png

That's a nice Chonda. And I mean that in a good way.
1648567301917.png
It is a lot of fun. Got it new last February and I have about 300km on it. It took a while to get the engine and transmission broken in, but I'm 6'-6" 230 and had it up close to 50 mph the other day.

That's a nice Chonda, and I mean that in a good way. How has your experience with it been?
If you want one, the best place for customer service is CajunMaddogs.com. I had a couple of small issues and they took great care of me. Check out the Icebear Owners Group on Facebook.

Hey a Navi Thread!

We purchased one of these a little over a month ago, for the OTD price of $2500 we got it for I'm pretty happy with it.

NAVIonRACK.jpg

Out of the box its a bit of a slug but that was pretty easy to fix with a roller weight change (17g stock to 13g doctor pulley sliders), this put it pretty inline with my expectations for stock 110cc scooter performance.

I also shimmed the fixed pulley face out to pick up a little more bottom end which worked a treat, FYI max it can be shimmed without removing the kickstarter mechanism is 1.5 mm and I don't think I would do that as it would compromise the cooling mechanism.

IMG_20220323_165402569.jpg

When shimming beyond 1.5 the fan can contact the protective plate for the the kickstarter mechanism as seen here.

IMG_20220323_155023564_HDR.jpg

Anyway, I hope these keep selling well, at $2500 or below I think they're an excellent value and only require very minimal tweaking to be a decent performer.

I also think they fill a hole in the American scooter market that I haven't heard anyone mention yet, this is a sub 200cc cheap bike with ergonomics that suit larger American riders. Its priced like a 50cc but I don't know of any 50cc bikes that my 6 foot plus friends would be as comfortable on.

Is this a Grom? hell no! Is this a new bike that I'm not afraid to tear apart and mess around with? Totally, and I think that means its a great starting point for many entering the sport or just looking for a smash-around-towner that they aren't worried about scuffing up.

Full disclaimer, I picked this up to develop parts for it, I see a lot of potential so far as we've torn it down.

IMG_20220219_145418206_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220219_145444219_HDR.jpg

Sorry if that was a bit of a ramble.

Cheers!

Hey a Navi Thread!

We purchased one of these a little over a month ago, for the OTD price of $2500 we got it for I'm pretty happy with it.

NAVIonRACK.jpg

Out of the box its a bit of a slug but that was pretty easy to fix with a roller weight change (17g stock to 13g doctor pulley sliders), this put it pretty inline with my expectations for stock 110cc scooter performance.

I also shimmed the fixed pulley face out to pick up a little more bottom end which worked a treat, FYI max it can be shimmed without removing the kickstarter mechanism is 1.5 mm and I don't think I would do that as it would compromise the cooling mechanism.

IMG_20220323_165402569.jpg

When shimming beyond 1.5 the fan can contact the protective plate for the the kickstarter mechanism as seen here.

IMG_20220323_155023564_HDR.jpg

Anyway, I hope these keep selling well, at $2500 or below I think they're an excellent value and only require very minimal tweaking to be a decent performer.

I also think they fill a hole in the American scooter market that I haven't heard anyone mention yet, this is a sub 200cc cheap bike with ergonomics that suit larger American riders. Its priced like a 50cc but I don't know of any 50cc bikes that my 6 foot plus friends would be as comfortable on.

Is this a Grom? hell no! Is this a new bike that I'm not afraid to tear apart and mess around with? Totally, and I think that means its a great starting point for many entering the sport or just looking for a smash-around-towner that they aren't worried about scuffing up.

Full disclaimer, I picked this up to develop parts for it, I see a lot of potential so far as we've torn it down.

IMG_20220219_145418206_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220219_145444219_HDR.jpg

Sorry if that was a bit of a ramble.

Cheers!
I think that's the best price I've heard so far. Congrats on your purchase! Was the body kit already mounted on your bike when you bought it?

I think that's the best price I've heard so far. Congrats on your purchase! Was the body kit already mounted on your bike when you bought it?
Yes, it came with the windshield, rear rack and decals pre installed. It would have been cheaper without but the dealer had already put it all on and wouldn't consider selling it without them.

There are dealers out there selling these for a reasonable price, but the ones price gouging are getting front page service. I called around and found a few with in a few hours of me that were between 2100-2600 OTD.

If you look on the "other Forum", there are a lot of people who bought one for between $2300 and $2700 OTD. One or two got it for less. Sure there are dealers asking $3500 to $4000 OTD but only and idiot would pay that much when there are reasonable deals to be had.

I think the Navi will be a success for Honda but I doubt it will sell as well as the Grom unless they just don't bring in enough Groms. The Navi doesn't just appeal to new riders. There are a lot of veteran riders who see the appeal of something they can tinker with and modify. I think the Navi will steal more sales from the Ruckus than the Grom.

Personally I'd pay the extra for the Grom before buying a Navi. The Navi is just too slow for the riding I do.

If you look on the "other Forum", there are a lot of people who bought one for between $2300 and $2700 OTD. One or two got it for less. Sure there are dealers asking $3500 to $4000 OTD but only and idiot would pay that much when there are reasonable deals to be had.

I think the Navi will be a success for Honda but I doubt it will sell as well as the Grom unless they just don't bring in enough Groms. The Navi doesn't just appeal to new riders. There are a lot of veteran riders who see the appeal of something they can tinker with and modify. I think the Navi will steal more sales from the Ruckus than the Grom.

Personally I'd pay the extra for the Grom before buying a Navi. The Navi is just too slow for the riding I do.

I agree on all accounts.

I think the Grom and Navi target very different market shares, so I don't foresee the Navi impacting Grom sales much at all. I do see this as a gateway vehicle to get a young adult, spouse/partner or friend on a bike with minimal outlay and risk, much like many of the hondas of old that everyone has fond memories of ( and let me tell you right now, this thing would leave a c100 or c105t in its dust). As for the Ruckus, if it wasn't for how entrenched the aftermarket scene is around that platform, I could see the Navi taking some people away from it but to be honest, the Ruckus is a more attractive/cute bike and really lends itself to modification with the way the chassis is constructed.

The Navi is the new Honda beater... the bike that will get you to the beer store, lend your young adult some freedom with out much risk of injury and put those afraid of the clutch and gears in the saddle. Kinda like a Honda Elite but in a form factor Americans will buy.

I just wish Honda would tune the CVT properly from the factory, maybe next year it will come with lighter rollers stock.

BTW, I totally want a Grom over the Navi, but I know I'll ride the Navi more. It just works as a short errand bike so much better.

Cheers!

BTW, I totally want a Grom over the Navi, but I know I'll ride the Navi more. It just works as a short errand bike so much better.
If I bought a mini moto it would be because it would be such a blast on the tight twisty roads I love to ride. My Kymco 150 scooter is a far superior around town errand runner than either the Grom or Navi. With my scooter I can haul a lot of groceries or I can stash all my riding gear under the seat and in the tail box while I go hiking. You just can't beat a scooter for commuting. The only advantage the Grom has is better gas mileage.

For riding back roads the Grom also handles better and has more cornering clearance. The Navi can't even claim that.

Back
Top Bottom