What's new

Honda PCX

SandRdr

Lost
Member Number
Picked up a theft recovered 2015 PCX 150 that I've been working on.

Has anyone made suspension upgrades to their PCX?

I'm changing the brakes to unlink the front and back, since I'll be doing a fair amount of off pavement riding. Linked brakes are great on pavement but kinda scary off pavement.

I hate linked brakes. How are you unlinking them?

I don't have a PCX and linked brakes are one reason I didn't buy one.

Last edited:
I have a braided line running from the master to the caliper.

The '15 pcx has a splitter block that handles the linking and a hydro parking brake. The block is being eliminated.

My Aprilia shares one of the 2 front calipers for linking, in that case, plug the link tube.

I think the 2021 is a big improvement overall. I think the suspension is much better, acceleration is better too. My only "complain" would be that the top speed is still the same. I saw a brief 69 mph but really couldn't make it past 68 mph. Why Honda? Why?

I think the 2021 is a big improvement overall. I think the suspension is much better, acceleration is better too. My only "complain" would be that the top speed is still the same. I saw a brief 69 mph but really couldn't make it past 68 mph. Why Honda? Why?
I have seen reports of some PCX's being limited to around 62-64MPH. i think it varied by year and of course some variance between individual bikes.

I have seen reports of some PCX's being limited to around 62-64MPH. i think it varied by year and of course some variance between individual bikes.
We had a 2016 that topped out around 66 mph. It was a huge disappointment over the 2013.

Another issue I have had with the PCX is the linked braked but I think the new ones have ditched the linked brakes and added ABS. I could live with a 68 MPH 150 especially since my Like 150i won't even do 60 once the belt and rollers get worn down too much.

Another issue I have had with the PCX is the linked braked but I think the new ones have ditched the linked brakes and added ABS. I could live with a 68 MPH 150 especially since my Like 150i won't even do 60 once the belt and rollers get worn down too much.
I am not sure about the linked brakes but it definitely has ABS. The 2021 makes a bit more power. You can tell by the way it accelerates. It's pretty fast off the lights.

I am not sure about the linked brakes but it definitely has ABS. The 2021 makes a bit more power. You can tell by the way it accelerates. It's pretty fast off the lights.
I looked at the specs. They say ABS and CBS on the front disc and CBS and drum brake on the rear. That's one area where the PCX lags behind my Like which has ABS and disc brakes front and rear. It has probably the best brakes of any scooter I have ridden.

I looked at the specs. They say ABS and CBS on the front disc and CBS and drum brake on the rear. That's one area where the PCX lags behind my Like which has ABS and disc brakes front and rear. It has probably the best brakes of any scooter I have ridden.
You are right. I don't why Honda still has a drum when it sells the PCX with a disk rear brake in other countries. We also don't get the idle stop system either. Go figure.

PCX comes back for 2022 for an extra $200. Same color.

I'd love to see the hybrid model come to the US, but I'm not delusional about that becoming reality.

I'd love to see the hybrid model come to the US, but I'm not delusional about that becoming reality.
Hybrid is becoming the norm in Europe so may be we will see it someday? Honda Japan lists the gas mileage on their website. The difference between the hybrid and the ICE isn't that much:

PCX125 is rated at 55.0 km/l and the PCX hybrid is rated at 55.4 km/l.

Honda also makes an all electric PCX but they don't sell it from what I understand. It's part of a rental program:

I'd be happy to see it with disc brakes and ABS on both wheels and no governor to limit the speed.

The difference between the hybrid and the ICE isn't that much:
I'm far more interested in the hybrid drivetrain as a performance enhancer, I know the pcx hybrid isn't wildly more powerful but the concept is pretty neat. I'f the motor controller could be replaced with something more flexible like a VESC or the like that could make for a more potent electric booster.

I stopped at a Honda Dealer last week. The Showroom was practically empty but they did have a PCX.

P4080032.JPG

I had the chance to sit on it and get a good look. I'm 6-2 and fit on it OK. The Hump is really high so getting on and off won't be be nearly as my Like. Even my Majesty has a lower hump. It looks like access to the motor would be difficult. I like the white paint but dislike the chrome handlebar. That looks like it belongs on a cruiser, not a modern looking scooter like the PCX. I occasionally toy with the idea of buying one but just can't get real enthusiastic about it. If I ever get the chance to ride one I will.

P4080033.JPG

I thought it was strange that when using the forward floorboards much of my feet would be hidden.

I stopped at a Honda Dealer last week. The Showroom was practically empty but they did have a PCX.

P4080032.JPG

I had the chance to sit on it and get a good look. I'm 6-2 and fit on it OK. The Hump is really high so getting on and off won't be be nearly as my Like. Even my Majesty has a lower hump. It looks like access to the motor would be difficult. I like the white paint but dislike the chrome handlebar. That looks like it belongs on a cruiser, not a modern looking scooter like the PCX. I occasionally toy with the idea of buying one but just can't get real enthusiastic about it. If I ever get the chance to ride one I will.

P4080033.JPG

I thought it was strange that when using the forward floorboards much of my feet would be hidden.
Don't ride one, you'll take it home!

My wife has a 2021 PCX (which I ride some as well) and we both love it. I have seen 69 mph on the speedo once but 68 mph several times. It's no faster than the 2013 she had. The 2016 model was slower than both the 2013 and 2021. I'm not sure what the gas mileage is. I gassed it up once but I think the dealer hadn't filled it up to the top because my gas mileage would come out to 65 mpg. The next tank will tell me more. I ride it on the highways here in Houston and it's just fine. It can hold 60 mph in all situations and I can zip in between when the traffic gets really dense. There is a scratch (from a rock?) on the plastic airbox on the swingarm. I went and priced the part at the dealer last Saturday. 2 highways and some city streets. No issues whatsoever. Plastics are dirt cheap to replace on a PCX by the way.

Back
Top Bottom