What's new

Honda XR150L

The xr150l will smack a monkey on usability.. The slide carb has endless nondownload possibilities.. Take two 50lb bags of whatever and I choose the the 150 over the monkey. Since floorboard scooters aren't compared...what a wheelbase and center of gravity joke for load hauling. Been there done it. My 50cc scooter could carry 160lbs of gravel. My ct70 clone that rips 70mph cant safely 2up because of center of gravity and wheelbase.

Last edited:
Basically I bet the wife would jump on the 150 with fishing ploles and be as happy as a goose. And a monkey or a mini clone she would be shaking her head hell nah because she rides too.

But a lifan expect she wouldn't know the difference. Drum rear!

And my TW200 or Sportster will do a lot more then the XR, what was the point of your rant?
We don't haul gravel on bikes here, we use a pickup truck.
No one here is going to buy an XR to haul gravel.
Bikes are only for fun in the US, serious people have quads, side by sides, trucks, tractors and so on.

The xr150l will smack a monkey on usability.. The slide carb has endless nondownload possibilities.. Take two 50lb bags of whatever and I choose the the 150 over the monkey. Since floorboard scooters aren't compared...what a wheelbase and center of gravity joke for load hauling. Been there done it. My 50cc scooter could carry 160lbs of gravel. My ct70 clone that rips 70mph cant safely 2up because of center of gravity and wheelbase.

And my TW200 or Sportster will do a lot more then the XR, what was the point of your rant?
We don't haul gravel on bikes here, we use a pickup truck.
No one here is going to buy an XR to haul gravel.
Bikes are only for fun in the US, serious people have quads, side by sides, trucks, tractors and so on.
No rant. Just that small wheel minis are not very useful compared to a full size dual sport or scooter for cargo or 2up. And I have hauled stuff on a scooter and dual sports. My old sportster and tw cant compare to my xt due to the xt grab handles. The tw needs some additional support on the subframe. That is why the xr is heavy. The xr is designed to haul a passenger or cargo.

Last edited:
It's here!

$2,971 retail!!!
Plus $600 is non-negotiable fees.

Reading all the specs, I’d rather have a DR200

Over $4000.00 out the door, thats steep for what you get.
4 valve motor though...
I think the DR200 is a better bet as well, just for the standard wheel sizes...

Pricing is going to be key. If dealers over indulge, the little bike will sit on the showroom floor just like the Navi.

The freight is all wrong. It puts the bike in GROM territory. And the GROM is a better bike with quality brakes and suspension. The power difference is negligible. A GROM is $3,500 + $300 in freight so $3,800 before TTL. The XR150L is $3,000 + $600 in freight so $3,600 before TTL. By comparison, the XR150L is $2,700 OTD in Mexico.

Plus $600 is non-negotiable fees.

Reading all the specs, I’d rather have a DR200
I just looked at Suzuki's website. The DR200 is no longer listed, at least not in the USA. For someone who wants a new bike then the Honda doesn't have any competition in its class. As for price, at a good dealer you might get it out the door for close to $4,000. At a rip off dealer it will probably be closer to 5K OTD. The closest competition for this bike will likely be the Monkey bike and Trail 125. Those two bikes are at least $1000 more. I think this bike will sell pretty good, especially at those dealers more reasonable with their fees.

I'm going to watch reddit and see what rider's otd price is. The bike will be rare for at least 6 months. There just isn't enough mom and pop motorcycle dealers. Almost all dealers have been bought out from the mega car dealer families.

The little xr could be found in other countries in bulk at small shops. I would like a 2 tier dealer network. I would have more confidence buying from a dealer who only has 4 models. And 10-20 of each model. This works well with clones. A warranty issue is fast to resolve. And sometimes a new bike is stripped of parts for fast turn around. The other scenario is a mega shop that can never stock enough parts. And a tech that has to fix jet ski, atv, sxs, Hayabusas and maybe an xr. Lead time on repairs becomes a very long wait. If I was a clone dealer, I could swap an engine in a day. More likely a headlight bulb. Which I would have plenty in stock.

Last edited:
I think you would take a bath buying one of these new when you go to sell it.
Likely to drop at least $2000.00 when you sell it, if you sell it.
A clean low mile used bike will be less and you can ride it a year and sell it for no loss in most cases.

I will look at them if the local dealers ever gets one in stock, there are things about it I like but suspect its too small all around
(size and engine).
I can't see any advantage over my TW200....

I just looked at Suzuki's website. The DR200 is no longer listed, at least not in the USA. For someone who wants a new bike then the Honda doesn't have any competition in its class. As for price, at a good dealer you might get it out the door for close to $4,000. At a rip off dealer it will probably be closer to 5K OTD. The closest competition for this bike will likely be the Monkey bike and Trail 125. Those two bikes are at least $1000 more. I think this bike will sell pretty good, especially at those dealers more reasonable with their fees.

Honda Mexico unveiled an updated XR190L. Maybe you should have gotten that one instead?

_nc_ohc=HXYsFlW0F3oAX_M6-Ad&_nc_ht=scontent-hou1-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=ljzcTdzkjTQAX8Nr0AH&_nc_ht=scontent-hou1-1.jpg

The bike is out at the dealership. New owners report buying the bike around $4,000 OTD. It seems like a lot of money for that bike or is it just me?

The bike is out at the dealership. New owners report buying the bike around $4,000 OTD. It seems like a lot of money for that bike or is it just me?
On par with the other mini’s

Top Bottom Back Refresh