What's new

Honda XR150L

cabanza

Member Number
It looks like Honda will introduce the XR150L this year:

This is a great addition. The bike is also sold in Mexico:

1.jpg

these are the small bikes i rode the wheels off of when i was a youngster. will definately be getting one of these!

Too much compared to the Japan built yamahas. I would pay more for an AG200. I like farm bikes. Max cut off for me would be 3600-3800 otd. The clones have been here for almost a decade and are way cheaper with the upgraded cg engines and tons of parts. Too many choices to play honda china bike games with dealers. But the xr150 roller follower rockers are impressive...but an efi lifan x pect is 2200-2400 shipped.

That's what I mean. I'm not sure where Honda sees the 150L fitting into the U.S. market and turning a profit.
High volume and low otd pricing would sell the little bike. Then the customer base would be vast. I dont see it happening.

Pricing it will be tricky if it's to succeed in the U.S. market. What's the projected cost in the states?
Pricing has not been announced. It's a cheap bike sold around the world. Should be cheap here too.

A 300 pound 150 with a rear drum brake and a carb?
Why not just get a KLX230L and have a REALLY fun bike with a 6 speed that can top 70 mph and has the same weight?
I would go for the KLX even at twice the price of the 150, the motor is a gem!

A 300 pound 150 with a rear drum brake and a carb?
Why not just get a KLX230L and have a REALLY fun bike with a 6 speed that can top 70 mph and has the same weight?
I would go for the KLX even at twice the price of the 150, the motor is a gem!
Aluminum rims also. The 230, xt and the tw already have the market covered. But as a rental fleet the honda might be ideal. Fly south in the winter with friends and everyone rides the same little bike. Could be fun.

It could be cheap here but won't be if dealers insist on tacking on $1000+ in fees.
people need to hold out from buying and let their inventory pile up so they are forced to do things differently. i see it starting to happen now with the higher interest rates. just walking in and paying what they are asking only lets it continue. with the cost of everything today, they might even be looking at hard times ahead. oh the irony, no inventory and price gouging to plenty of inventory and few buyers. we can only hope.

people need to hold out from buying and let their inventory pile up so they are forced to do things differently. i see it starting to happen now with the higher interest rates. just walking in and paying what they are asking only lets it continue. with the cost of everything today, they might even be looking at hard times ahead. oh the irony, no inventory and price gouging to plenty of inventory and few buyers. we can only hope.
I was quoted over 6k otd on a monkey...I already have a ct70 clone that tops out over 70mph.. I just smiled and walked away. So that would put otd on the 150 in the 4-7k otd range and probably average $4800-5500. Something might change but low volume imports is a terrible sales tactic. And so is a 6-9 months wait after placing a deposit on a non fixed price.

I still like the 150 but time will tell. But I would probably get the clone and have plenty of spare parts. The cdi cost for a tw vs a hawk is even more insane.

For the US it has a 19 -17 inch wheel set in steel from what I read.
Some other markets get a 21-17 I think.
I wonder if that is final, or will they upscale it for the US?

Fuel injection gives great throttle response over a CV carb, and typicly a bit better mpg, but a carb allows the use of every drop of gas without fuel pump worries.
The US version may get a 3.something gallon gas tank which is very nice stock.
A used DR200 is going to be much better and maybe cheaper, a KLX230s or the XT250 is in another class.

You could get two China 250's for less then the XR150 I bet. One spare...

I watched too many 150 videos a few days ago. The 150 does well in rentals. And is rented as 2up capability. It is a large frame bike for the displacement. The clones of the 150 have tall seat heights. Not sure how this will work out if the seat height is the reason for purchasing a 150. The tw is about as low as it gets for a full size dual sport.

For the US it has a 19 -17 inch wheel set in steel from what I read.
Some other markets get a 21-17 I think.
I wonder if that is final, or will they upscale it for the US?

Fuel injection gives great throttle response over a CV carb, and typicly a bit better mpg, but a carb allows the use of every drop of gas without fuel pump worries.
The US version may get a 3.something gallon gas tank which is very nice stock.
A used DR200 is going to be much better and maybe cheaper, a KLX230s or the XT250 is in another class.

You could get two China 250's for less then the XR150 I bet. One spare...
Torture test magazine used a dr200 to place 2nd at Glen Helen in the 24hr ironman.

Back
Top Bottom