What's new

How about a neo-retro thread?

heywatchmybike

Member Number
A place for your Bonnie, RS, Royal Enfield, BSA, W800, etc. - heck, if you're the guy who bought a new Katana post that here too. I'll start:

zed.jpeg

Izzat the 400? I would have liked to own a 709 -- I think they are all super cool bikes and it's a shame Husky discontinued the line.
It's the 401, but it's actually 373cc and has 44 hp (32kw) I couldn't afford the 701, it was close to $16.000 OTD in Canada. Remarkably, the 701 is only 20lbs (9.07 kg) more than the 401. The 701 was discontinued, maybe something else is coming along? Your Kawasaki is a better looking bike than the 701, IMO. Nice.

It's the 401, but it's actually 373cc and has 44 hp (32kw) I couldn't afford the 701, it was close to $16.000 OTD in Canada. Remarkably, the 701 is only 20lbs (9.07 kg) more than the 401. The 701 was discontinued, maybe something else is coming along? Your Kawasaki is a better looking bike than the 701, IMO. Nice.
Those KTM/Husky 400cc motors are no joke. I bet that's a really fun motorcycle. I've got a buddy with a KTM 390 ADV and he really likes it.
It's not my Kawi in the OP, but this one is mine and it fits this thread:
L4haqp7.jpg

Those KTM/Husky 400cc motors are no joke. I bet that's a really fun motorcycle. I've got a buddy with a KTM 390 ADV and he really likes it.
It's not my Kawi in the OP, but this one is mine and it fits this thread:
L4haqp7.jpg
Wow, that's a beautiful motorcycle. My faux husky is nimble, and it'll power wheelie in second gear, so it is pretty fun.

I love the W800 but it's a little too retro for me. Give it proper rims and tires. Everything else checks out in my book.

I love the W800 but it's a little too retro for me. Give it proper rims and tires. Everything else checks out in my book.
A good friend has a W800 and tire choices are always an issue for him. Same when Indian came out with the FTR. Desperately wanted one, but not without 17's.

Last edited:
A good friend has a W800 and tire choices are always an issue for him. Same when Indian came out with the FTR. Desperately wanted over, but but without 17's.
Yes Kawi should have put a 19"/17" or 17"/17" set. The 18" on the back really limits what you can get.

Same with the Enfield 650s, 18/18, 2.5 & 3.5 widths. I'm thinking of just spooning on some Kenda Challengers.

If the new nighthawk and silerwing are made off the rebel chassis

Kawasaki W175!

Won't be sold in the US but India and other parts of Asia get it. What's not to like? 13 HP, 297 pounds wet, 17" wheels, 5 speed...

B_kawasaki-w175-1.png
There was some interest a year ago. All these bikes get used for the same stuff. Offroad, hauling weight 2up and sidecar. I believe twin shocks are preferred for this reason.

Back
Top Bottom