What's new

How about an ADVbikes meetup at an airshow?

Soggy Biscuit

Member Number
Not sure where to post this. Mods, feel free to post elsewhere on the site for more views. :)

Mid-Atlantic Air Museum's WWII Weekend is coming up in a couple of months. It runs from June 2nd to the 4th in Reading, PA. There'll be re-enactments of certain battles, lots of WWII vehicles and aircraft, you can book flights on some of the airplanes that'll be there, you can do tours on some of them, and of course there is an air show. It is capped off with a huge ass fireworks show. The USN North American SNJ "Texan" is owned by John Mazure. He and his wife own and operate Skydive Cross Keys in Williamstown, NJ. I used to be an avid skydiver until my lower back said otherwise. At any rate, John will be there and I bet there'll be a demo done by Cross Keys skydivers.

It'll be great fun, no doubt, and good for all ages.

That is a great show if you have never been. The sounds of the big rotary engines stirs the soul. I live close enough to the airport that the planes often fly over my house when they do the flights. All weekend long I am running outside and craning my neck to see which plane it is. Unfortunately that time of year is super busy for me, but if the weather is nice I might make it over one day.

That is a great show if you have never been. The sounds of the big rotary engines stirs the soul. I live close enough to the airport that the planes often fly over my house when they do the flights. All weekend long I am running outside and craning my neck to see which plane it is. Unfortunately that time of year is super busy for me, but if the weather is nice I might make it over one day.
There is also the air show in Toughkenamon, PA that takes place at the end of summer. I went for the first time last year and had a blast. The whistle of the P-51 Mustang is unmistakable!
This sounds like a lot of fun but it's a little far for me.
Fair enough. I'll try to take as many pictures and videos as I can.

Under 400 miles but all I95 through Richmond and DC. Maybe truck and tw if I have time. Or I'll check alternate routes.

Under 400 miles but all I95 through Richmond and DC. Maybe truck and tw if I have time. Or I'll check alternate routes.
I know of fellow truckers who take I-64 from Richmond to I-81 and go north from that point to Carlisle, PA and work their way to I-76 or go further north to I-78 east to SH61 (exit 29) at Hamburg, PA. From there it's only south to Reading. The airshow takes place at the airport along US222, on the west side of the city.

Just one more edit: The owner of the primary company job has given me the time off to attend this one. I told him a year ago to save the dates because I intend to go. :rayof

Last edited:
One week reminder. I might be able to make it on the 2nd but it's unlikely. The third won't be doable due to family obligations. I'll definitely make it on Sunday the 4th.

Can they make it harder to figure our WHERE it is? I had to google it as the web site is vague at best.
1054 Arnold Rd, Reading, PA 19605

I may take a day trip there.
Reading Regional Airport

Parking is offsite and there'll be shuttles running all day long. The parking is at the fairgrounds. Address for that location is: 1216 Hilltop Rd, Leesport, PA 19533

Link to the album on my Google account. Enjoy the pics and videos! I couldn't last the entire day due to a mix of joints chiming in and throwing in the towel at me. My left ankle is currently the size of a grapefruit. I also have a pretty good sunburn. :D

The New Garden airshow is an excellent one as well, last time I was there they were able to get a B2 to over fly at like 500ft AGL. Great time!:super

The entire time I was keeping an eye out for a certain valor thieving shitbird. Had a run-in with that guy in 2020. I do have a burning hatred for the guy and would love nothing more than to see him humiliated in front of a ton of legitimate veterans. I never saw him. He's been laying low since being put on blast on 2 Stolen Valor websites.

Today is the 79th anniversary of D-Day. If anyone ever has a chance to go and visit Normandy I highly recommend it. All the sites are amazing and the French population are very appreciative of what the US and the allies did there. I don't know how many veterans are still around but their numbers are dwindling fast...

A funny story; I was looking for a parking spot in St Maire Eglise when a French police officer told me that around the corner were open spaces and I should be fine there. When I came back, he was giving a parking ticket to the car with Paris plates and he left the German car alone.. When I asked about it, he told me he respected the Germans more then the Parisians.....🤣

Going there is on my bucket list in this life time. A former neighbor of mine was the sole survivor of his platoon/company/I don't remember the name of large Army squads when he stormed Omaha Beach. He passed away 8 years ago.

Top Bottom Back Refresh