What's new

How have motorcycle forums influenced your riding?

How have motorcycle forums influenced your riding?

• They haven't

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • A little

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • A lot

Votes: 19 38.8%

• Total voters
Seriously though, forums have had a huge influence on my riding. Up until last year I never really knew anything about all of the trips and adventures that are out there.

I first read about the Michigan Cross Country Cycle Trail (MCCCT) shortly after I got my bike last year. I embarked on a 15 month planning and prepping fest that culminated in me setting out and accomplishing the toughest thing I've ever done in my life. It's cliche and cheesy but it really did change my life.

I've discovered so many other rides from ride reports and forum pictures that I would have otherwise never found. I've been making a bucket list of all the rides I want to take.

The forums have helped me reset when needed: When I started riding 40+ years ago, it was the ride & the experience that mattered.
Somewhere along the line I became more interested in the bikes & farkling; the annual mileage dropped precipitously and I began to lose interest.
Thankfully, my son was interested in riding & we spent a fair amount of time at the tracks in the SE (him riding - me wrenching).
The various forums & offline conversations with members kept me (somewhat) involved.
A quick succession of life changing events & a very supportive lady friend led to the purchase of the V85TT; and shortly thereafter a trip to the Eastern RDV - where I was able to fully relax for the first time in years.
So, to make a long story even longer, the forums have put me back in the place I longed for, where the upcoming ride can be cherished as a time away from life's issues.

Hasnt really influenced the way that I ride. I have learned a lot about riding though.

Joined my first forum around 99 I think. It was Badweatherbikers, a site for Buells as I was interested in the bikes. That site it still up running with the same format it had back then, kind of cool in a vintage way. Made many close friends on that site that traveled through not only rides but various hobbies such as jeeps, sxs's, and now dualsport, enduro and lately trials riding. Forums have been used for information on all of these pursuits so yes definitely a large impact on not only my riding but life in general. Friends are rare and valuable.

Back
Top Bottom