What's new

How many members of this forum have you actually met?

How many forum members have you met in person

• None

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • 1-5

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • 6 - 10

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • 11 or more

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

klaviator

Scooter Trash
Member Number
For some people a forum is just a place to interact with anonymous strangers on the internet. For some of us it's more than that and actually know some of those people we interact with. I have probably met around a thousand inmates from ADVr. This forum is new and much smaller. I sat down and came up with 7 people on this forum that I have actually met. I may have missed a few. I expect that number will increase with time.

How about you?

Edit: 8 people. I expect to be changing this number as I see more people I Know on the forum.

Last edited:
I've met well more than 100, probably closer to 200, maybe much more if you count all the rallies I used to attend, forum members over the years. I liked nearly all of them, with a couple exceptions.
Is that number for this forum, or ADVr?

I've had several folk over for a meal and actually overnight at our place, and I have also been invited to other homes on the road. ADV Bikers are generally nice folk and easy to get along with.

Last edited:
7 to 10 active members, many more who are members. I'd have better luck asking who has met me?

Some of those campfires were blurry. :lol3
That's a good question. Probably many of us met other members but either didn't know who they were or just don't remember. I'm wondering if we ever met. I live in N. GA until 2013 and have been back many times since.

I went to a ADVr dinner in Ellijay in 2011. I don't remember most of the people there but I did take pics. Were you there? I'll bet you know some of the people.

wknudsen_Huntsville_20pics_adv_20dinner_20ride_208-12_CIMG3338.jpg

wknudsen_Huntsville_20pics_adv_20dinner_20ride_208-12_CIMG3339.jpg

wknudsen_Huntsville_20pics_adv_20dinner_20ride_208-12_CIMG3340.jpg

I also hung out a lot at TWO and went on some rides organized on ADVr

I have been on many local rides hosted /promoted by Two Wheeled Texans. Some rides as far as Big Bend.
I have no idea how many of my friends are on forums, but a SWAG might be 50% or more.

That's a good question. Probably many of us met other members but either didn't know who they were or just don't remember. I'm wondering if we ever met. I live in N. GA until 2013 and have been back many times since.

I went to a ADVr dinner in Ellijay in 2011. I don't remember most of the people there but I did take pics. Were you there? I'll bet you know some of the people.

wknudsen_Huntsville_20pics_adv_20dinner_20ride_208-12_CIMG3338.jpg

wknudsen_Huntsville_20pics_adv_20dinner_20ride_208-12_CIMG3339.jpg

wknudsen_Huntsville_20pics_adv_20dinner_20ride_208-12_CIMG3340.jpg

I also hung out a lot at TWO and went on some rides organized on ADVr

I remembered meeting you. I can call most of those peeps by name & adv name. I'm the white shirt sitting beside my orange blonde wife in the first pic. :D

Charlie's in Ellijay, with the huge rocking chair.

Last edited:
I think the Irate guys that I have met have come over here. I met a few doing meet'n'greets in the Northeast and some more during my "booger" journey from TX to NH.

I met several people in real life that stemmed from originally meeting them on forums. Two of my closest buddy's I met on motorcycle forums.

One forum died and a small group of the OG's kept in touch via a WhatsApp group chat. We are from several different States in the US, Latvia, Finland, Wales, Scotland, London and Canada. We treat it like a forum where we can discuss and share anything, but it's way more personal. Being completely unmoderated and out of the public eye it's a lot more genuine. We all met on a bike forum, but we're a second family that stays in tough with each other's personal life on a daily basis. The Internet is a wonderful thing.

I met several people in real life that stemmed from originally meeting them on forums. Two of my closest buddy's I met on motorcycle forums.

One forum died and a small group of the OG's kept in touch via a WhatsApp group chat. We are from several different States in the US, Latvia, Finland, Wales, Scotland, London and Canada. We treat it like a forum where we can discuss and share anything, but it's way more personal. Being completely unmoderated and out of the public eye it's a lot more genuine. We all met on a bike forum, but we're a second family that stays in tough with each other's personal life on a daily basis. The Internet is a wonderful thing.
Well heck that is cool. Probably a bit wild and more behaved/respectful.

Actually the DL came from a many site inmate. We both talked about the no mod days of skateboard forums...it was wicked! But no one really got upset...maybe threatened or challenged. No one took negativity serious.

I actually enjoyed meeting someone from this site. But time was short. So talking for about an and wished well. And a new old bike in my truck bed. Kinda epic

The forum we met on was wild. No moderation, no filters, no fucks given. It was refreshing to see guys get in to arguments, absolutely destroy each other with insults...then they'd cool off and publicly make up. Too much ego to make up? We'll tell you we don't want you here anymore. Like real life, the trolls weed themselves out naturally if you hush give em time.

VS bought it and it died quickly. They wouldn't allow us to be us, so fuck em. We left and so did the traffic

Back
Top Bottom