• 5 or 6

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • 7 or more

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters

klaviator

Scooter Trash
Member Number
T shirt roads have become popular. You know, those roads that T shirt vendors gave a cute name so they could sell more T shirts to the tourists. Probably the most well known of these is the dragon with hundreds of different dragon T shirts available.

To be considered a T shirt road there must be T shirts being sold with the name of the road on them. I'm not a fan of the names given to these roads and mostly still use the real road names but I see as time goes on most people forget the real name of the road and use the T shirt name. T shirt roads tend to be really fun roads but have often gotten so well known the the heavy traffic tends to ruin the riding experience.

So complete the poll and then post the names of the roads you have ridden. You can also post pics of the T shirts if you are willing to admit to having bought them:D

I have ridden the following T shirt roads: 129 (The dragon), 28 (moonshiner), 209 (The Rattler & Shiner's run), 80 ( the devil's whip), 226a ( diamondback), 421 (the snake), 16 ( back of the dragon), 180 (wolf pen gap road).

I bought a US 129 T shirt back before it was renamed the dragon by the T shirt vendors.

wknudsen_CIMG0200.jpg

A few of the top of my head are; Going to the Sun road in Glacier, The Dragon, Beartooth, Rte 66 and a few others that are T shirt roads that i don’t remember . I have no t shirts of any of them btw…. :D

Three sisters / Twisted Sisters

Black Hills / Deadwood

RT 66

Edit add
Alpine Loop

With 60+ years torturing curves, I am sure I have made a few, but just don't remember them. I remember most of the ones you mentioned.

You didn't mention I-66 that runs between Washington D.C. and I-81 in the Shenandoah Valley. That road has more personalized plates and shirts (as well as derogatory nicknames) than any road I have seen.😄

With 60+ years torturing curves, I am sure I have made a few, but just don't remember them. I remember most of the ones you mentioned.

You didn't mention I-66 that runs between Washington D.C. and I-81 in the Shenandoah Valley. That road has more personalized plates and shirts (as well as derogatory nicknames) than any road I have seen.😄
I have ridden both of those roads but had no idea they had T shirts. Back when I rode them I don't think there were any T shirts for them.

I have ridden the following T shirt roads: 129 (The dragon), 28 (moonshiner), 209 (The Rattler & Shiner's run), 80 ( the devil's whip), 226a ( diamondback), 421 (the snake), 16 ( back of the dragon), 180 (wolf pen gap road).

I bought a US 129 T shirt back before it was renamed the dragon by the T shirt vendors.

wknudsen_CIMG0200.jpg

All of these + Twisted Sisters and possibly those in northern Va... I dont keep up. :lol3

Wife has the dragon shirt.

I try to avoid commercialized roads.
That said, I rode "the back of the dragon" (16) about two weeks ago only because it was getting late and it was the shortest way home.

I’ve hardly ever driven a road because it was a T-shirt. In fact it’s only the Tail of the Dragon that I’ve ever done it deliberately.

All the others, I simply rode them because they looked interesting. Many I rode before they became T-shirt roads, and I’ve never bought a T-shirt for one.

All the above before names and bunches better anonymous.
03FA8AA8-C655-4128-9A57-0CD9BEF27CAA.jpeg
AD916B55-ADAE-441B-BD5F-56BB081A14D2.png
DCDEC4B5-E18B-4CD7-9E1B-6155E5B5BFA1.jpeg

A T-shirt with cute name for a road is a pre-divorce document IMO

Stickers? You bet.
85C226EE-262B-4892-8F4C-B6EBAA2C4C94.jpeg
943E41DE-8590-45C1-B18E-458349A8948B.jpeg
3F3C4B82-DEEC-45B7-9B4E-6ABD45E7DCE3.jpeg

Last edited:
Only one I've ridden that I know of was the Copperhead Loop in October 2019, US 276/NC 215, total of 92 miles Waynesville to Brevard and back. Lots of fun and as much great scenery-riding as twisty-riding

276-215 ride.jpg

Only one I've ridden that I know of was the Copperhead Loop in October 2019, US 276/NC 215, total of 92 miles Waynesville to Brevard and back. Lots of fun and as much great scenery-riding as twisty-riding

276-215 ride.jpg

I didn't know that had a name... :lol3

Reactions: EGR
Top Bottom Back Refresh