Votes: 8 36.4%
  • 3 or 4

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • 5 or 6

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • 7 or more

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters
Only one I've ridden that I know of was the Copperhead Loop in October 2019, US 276/NC 215, total of 92 miles Waynesville to Brevard and back. Lots of fun and as much great scenery-riding as twisty-riding

276-215 ride.jpg

I have ridden those roads many times but never heard it called the Copperhead Loop. Is there a T shirt? It's not a T shirt road unless someone is selling a t shirt with the road name on it.

When I started this thread I had no idea how many T shirt roads there were.

I'll be damned... :lol3

140%2C2000%2B0.0%2C0.0%2C2140.0%2C2000.0_AC_UX522_.jpg
I had to leave earlier for a while, figured someone would call me out on it, LOL. I didn't buy the shirt when we were there because there was no one selling them locally, but I found out about them when I got back and bought one for myself and my buddy Chris on the CB450K7. Here's mine below, and here is a search result showing there are more than a few who refer to it that way

n4LclYq.jpg

I’m waiting for a first print run of “Suck Creek” road T-shirt. Cash in hand.
1657317824047.png
I read recently that there was a photographer set up there like Killboy on the dragon. I commented that there would be some great T shirt slogan possibilities.

Reactions: EGR
“Bop till ya drop”
All day, every day
Zero straight, flat…
68F7ACC4-57EE-47F8-A51C-CAF45592A697.jpeg

I don't know. Is there a T shirt? It is a great road:ricky
Yeah, it is one of my all time favorites. I've done it at least 5 times now. There are shops in town that sell t-shirts for all of the major trails around Moab, so I'm sure you could get one.

Hmm

That is a tough one

In the US
ACH
Beartooth
Chief Joseph
Million Dollar Highway
Devils Highway
Ortega Highway
Mulholland
Hwy 1 (CA)

....and a pile of roads in Japan that are famous locally, but most of you wouldn't recognize.

....and a pile of roads in Japan that are famous locally, but most of you wouldn't recognize.
Do any of those roads have T shirts aimed at car and motorcycle enthusiasts? I'm curious if there are roads over there that have become major tourist attractions like the dragon and have T shirts and photographers on them.

Do any of those roads have T shirts aimed at car and motorcycle enthusiasts? I'm curious if there are roads over there that have become major tourist attractions like the dragon and have T shirts and photographers on them.

Absolutely. Plus sticker campaigns with the National Route numbers during summer/early fall.

Motorcycle culture in Japan is significant more mainstream than in the US.

Among these

Hakone Turnpike
Izu Skyline
Ashiko/Hakone Togue
Akina Pass (Jomo-Sazen Panoramic line) from Intial D
Kansi Skyline
Ise Skyline
Milkroad
Blue/Gold lines on Urbana-Bandai (a real bit of motorcycle heaven)
National Route 292 the highest national road in Japan....(I have a video somewhere with the setting sun on one side of the ridge and the rising full moon on the other, fucking. epic.)
Ashrike Slyline
Niseko Skyline
Route 206 to Okutama and its none toll road parallel RT-18
the Fruit line (Yaminashi)
The Venus/Romance line which runs most of the way from Tokyo to Nagano-shi

That list is far from comprehensive I met Nori Haga riding his personal RC-51 SP2 on top Akina pass (the road up the mountain dead ends)

That list also glosses over hundreds and hundreds of miles of un-named passes and goat trails that traverse the country side and an equal amount of "rindo" unpaved likley improved roads...not to mention logging paths that are all through the hills.

Top Bottom Back Refresh