What's new

How often do you change your helmet?

All depends. My road helmet is many years old, but I barely ride road.
My offroad helmet seems to be replaced nearly every year now.
Although the sponsorship deals help there. :deal:D

Every 5 years and I replace the liner at the half way point. Feels like a new helmet again, restores the original fit.
That is a great idea I never thought of.

My AGV has gotten quite loud and fits very loose. It's four years old now, so I'm a bit torn to wait a year or do what you did.

I will do this at half-life on my next one.

Thanks for sharing that.

BTW, I go five years on a lid.

I'm N-1 For helmets today

I had truckload of shrubbery to haul to the dump and went looking for tie down straps. Found my helmet in the trailer with the straps, last worn when I Crashed in Big Bend and Broke both bones in the left leg.

Clear coat on the helmet was cracked, so I musta smacked harder than I noticed. Head felt fine, leg not so much.

anyway, she is now in the dump

1661031652538.png

I'm N-1 For helmets today

I had truckload of shrubbery to haul to the dump and went looking for tie down straps. Found my helmet in the trailer with the straps, last worn when I Crashed in Big Bend and Broke both bones in the left leg.

Clear coat on the helmet was cracked, so I musta smacked harder than I noticed. Head felt fine, leg not so much.

anyway, she is now in the dump

1661031652538.png
That helmet did its job. It's the perfect excuse to get back to N +1!

Reactions: MVI
I have been wearing the HJC IS-MAX series of modular helmets for about a dozen years. I go through helmets about every two years and search for new close outs (color doesn’t matter for the most part) and replace them like old shoes as I ride 20-30,000 miles a year in a hot, humid area. I currently have two new in the box HJC IS-MAX II helmets ready to go when replacing the one just placed in service last summer.

I have 4 helmets. Oldest is 10 years and a shelf-queen, the other three vary from 4 years old to 2 years old. I rotate the three around as I feel like.

Yep, I average 5 months. The ones I like the most, I purchase matching for my honey. I really try to dispose after 5 years but some of them are still like new (as far as looks). I've some that never used other tried on.

Top Bottom Back Refresh