What's new

Images that were removed from the "other" site and/or caused bannanation

ADVrider will resemble a cult in five years. Some characteristics of a cult I'm seeing now:
  • Ideological purity: Members are strongly discouraged from questioning the cult's doctrine, and any doubts are met with shame or punishment.
  • Conformity and control: Cult leaders often exercise an extreme degree of control over members' lives, including dictating what they can wear and eat and what kinds of relationships they can have. Conformity is also enforced by group members who police one another.
  • Time and energy: Followers are expected to dedicate huge amounts of time and energy (and often money) to the cult to the exclusion of their own lives, interests, jobs, and families.
I'm not seeing that but I spend most of my time in areas actually related to motorcycles and riding. If you are talking about CSM then you may be right.

Apparently, the good mods at the New Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, have taken offense at historical pictures that were commonly posted in nationally distributed publications back in the day.

I thought it would be amusing to start of thread of all those horribly offensive images that our dear friends at VS are protecting us from.

Today's censored image comes from my father's drag racing days. I give you Barbara Roufs:

1652578751799.png

Feel free to post up your horrendous censored images.

Are you shitting me? They pulled that pic?

BTW, is that your dad in the car?

S.C.

Yes, it is; I understand your opinion and you seem to understand mine. We don't have to agree.

A goodly number of inmates never ventured up the stairs.

The beauty of advrider was that it was so much more than motorcycles, it was life.

I came for the Airheads more than a dozen years ago but I stayed for JoMomma- like a lot of people did.

And it was a lot of fun.

But those days are over now.

For some, they seem to be ending unceremoniously in thread locks and bans; that is fucked.
The bottom line is that everyone who was a regular there found some part or parts of the forum where they felt at home so that's where they hung out. As far as the thread locks and bans, do you think that is due to VS or just the mods? It would seem to me that if VS wants to make money they would want to keep the forum as active as possible and not be banning people unless those people were really disrupting the forum.

do you think that is due to VS or just the mods? It would seem to me that if VS wants to make money they would want to keep the forum as active as possible
You would think right?

I don’t know the mods there well enough but I will say they don’t have the all out power they may of had. From my experience it’s more of VS saying ‘yea yea … this is your show, let us know how we can help’ when in reality total BS just to keep them from having to pay people to mod.

Typically after a purchase VS starts making changes to the forums directly in order to make the migration to their new platform easier. There is very likely a big SEO team who has been gathering statics over the last few months and will get rid of or hide any content that may cause negative rankings in the SERPS.

klaviator it seems like Austin has given an answer from actual experience.

Myself, I do not know but what he wrote does make sense and I am inclined to agree.

What I do know, however, is that forum moderation on advrider became the most arbitrary, personal,subjective and toxic of any discussion forum I have frequented.

That said, it was a site birthed from drama and, as the sticker said : ADV Rider We Know Drama!
As I have posted before, the areas I hang out seem normal but there does seem to be some weird stuff going on like whole sections of the forum disappearing for some random inmates and the Mods can't figure it out.

Are you shitting me? They pulled that pic?

BTW, is that your dad in the car?

S.C.
Yeah, at least I didn't get a ban for it. I posted in the thread to answer a question about the pic. My post had the photog credits still attached. Tom West. The original post had cropped out the info.

Sadly, no, not my old man in the pic. He was of that era, was a co-founder of the Rod Shop in Columbus, OH. While he was the master fabricator and built most everything they raced, he rarely would drive.

You would think right?

I don’t know the mods there well enough but I will say they don’t have the all out power they may of had. From my experience it’s more of VS saying ‘yea yea … this is your show, let us know how we can help’ when in reality total BS just to keep them from having to pay people to mod.

Typically after a purchase VS starts making changes to the forums directly in order to make the migration to their new platform easier. There is very likely a big SEO team who has been gathering statics over the last few months and will get rid of or hide any content that may cause negative rankings in the SERPS.
Hey, quick question for you...

How long did it take VS to fllip Pirate to their Fora platform?

If i recall correctly, Pirate was about 1/3 the size of ADV?
I assume that factors into the changeover speed.

Hey, quick question for you...

How long did it take VS to fllip Pirate to their Fora platform?

If i recall correctly, Pirate was about 1/3 the size of ADV?
I assume that factors into the changeover speed.
That was like 8 or so years ago so ADVr has had 8 more years of building but it wasn't much smaller. It took them 5-6 years, pirate was running a really old version of vBulletin. I'm sure that was a big reason for it taking so long. Once they started they lost a bunch of stuff and ended up saying "oh well". Even the private forums were people talk about things they wouldn't in public was left wide open for a long time.

ADVrider will resemble a cult in five years. Some characteristics of a cult I'm seeing now:
  • Ideological purity: Members are strongly discouraged from questioning the cult's doctrine, and any doubts are met with shame or punishment.
  • Conformity and control: Cult leaders often exercise an extreme degree of control over members' lives, including dictating what they can wear and eat and what kinds of relationships they can have. Conformity is also enforced by group members who police one another.
  • Time and energy: Followers are expected to dedicate huge amounts of time and energy (and often money) to the cult to the exclusion of their own lives, interests, jobs, and families.

Sadly, you aren't far off. My first whiff into the winds of change was the shitstorm around the 'Geezer and the Red Pill' thread in Inmates. It started off well, had great traction, good content if that was your thing, then somewhere along the line pissed off some people. Mods got involved. It got personal and was majorly pruned and even a few personal attacks ensued. I think a few bans and permabans were a result.

It's the first thing I thought of when reading the second bullet.

These got me a week banning.
144924402_1064638297376808_3493805535981388827_o.jpg
144647883_261925735297877_7359047045594779451_o.jpg

The first picture probably did it. I don't agree with it, but I can see why. The second picture? I see no issue with it.

Sadly, you aren't far off. My first whiff into the winds of change was the shitstorm around the 'Geezer and the Red Pill' thread in Inmates. It started off well, had great traction, good content if that was your thing, then somewhere along the line pissed off some people. Mods got involved. It got personal and was majorly pruned and even a few personal attacks ensued. I think a few bans and permabans were a result.

It's the first thing I thought of when reading the second bullet.

The first picture probably did it. I don't agree with it, but I can see why. The second picture? I see no issue with it.
Wow, she's gorgeous. Anyway, Rudy the former owner, head administrator or whatever he calls himself, pops up occasionally, replies to someone, then deletes that post within the hour so no one can ask him about anything other than what he wants to reply to. I find that funny. What a coward, he knows someone will call him a sellout and loser.

Yeah, JVB, that first pic shows a bit more burger under the bun than most would probably tolerate to maintain their "safe" classification.

ETA: not that I'm complaining

I agree, that is probably underwear in the photo. If the photos get more risqué, it might be good to relocate this thread to the storm cellar. Does anyone object?

I posted this picture.
1653833905338.png

And in response the picture was deleted and I received this private message from a mod...

"Please do not discuss content of this nature on our site. This does not follow our rules. Your message may have been removed or altered.
Your account's access may be limited based on these actions. Please keep this in mind when posting or using our site."

I'm pretty sure that the response was not written by the mod but just chosen from a drop down of selections. Good grief.

My bad. Please delete or merge my post with the

Images that were removed from the "other" site and/or caused bannanation​

thread.

All i can say is go for it, you are good to go post up those bare breasts your safe as houses from what i can tell.
Put it this way if i had posted that i would be looking at a six month ban minimum. and rest assured a Moderator in person would have written me a stern PM.
I don't think you have anywhere near pissed off the regular CSM Clique Brigade. Challenge them on the old re hashed multiple time Brexit thread or better still hit them below the belt in one of the we hate Christianity threads which abound in that zoo. Do that and you will not only become Russian or certainly eastern block you will also gain another identity in their warped world and trust me you are facing a long ban full stop.
Back to the subject matter of your picture that lass has ample mammary glands just right for suckling calves never mind the children those broad child bearing hips could bring forth.
She is no spring chicken but well covered and a comely wench it has to be said if i were local i might be tempted to water her dahlias myself. But im old and she probably would not be interested and not even appreciate my botanical skills these days and any way her indoors would rip my lungs out without the anesthetic.

Top Bottom Back Refresh