What's new

Images that were removed from the "other" site and/or caused bannanation

Oldtrix

Adventurer in my own mind
ADV+
Member Number
Apparently, the good mods at the New Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, have taken offense at historical pictures that were commonly posted in nationally distributed publications back in the day.

I thought it would be amusing to start of thread of all those horribly offensive images that our dear friends at VS are protecting us from.

Today's censored image comes from my father's drag racing days. I give you Barbara Roufs:

1652578751799.png

Feel free to post up your horrendous censored images.

Got banned for three months for quote. you have been banned for posting t&A your ban is up on April the " " .
It had zero to do with the photo content, just Bully's doing what bully's can do, when put in a position they can flex their egos in front of their clique..

There you go.

Maybe it was the last one here T&A Teeth and aggression perhaps.

No folks Just Loosers doing what loosers can do when let loose outside their Moral remit.

Got banned for three months for quote. you have been banned for posting t&A your ban is up on April the " " .
It had zero to do with the photo content, just Bully's doing what bully's can do, when put in a position they can flex their egos in front of their clique..

There you go.

Maybe it was the last one here T&A Teeth and aggression perhaps.

No folks Just Loosers doing what loosers can do when let loose outside their Moral remit.

I dunno. There looked to be some nekkid fish in them thar videos.

:lol3

Apparently, the good mods at the New Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, have taken offense at historical pictures that were commonly posted in nationally distributed publications back in the day.

I thought it would be amusing to start of thread of all those horribly offensive images that our dear friends at VS are protecting us from.

Today's censored image comes from my father's drag racing days. I give you Barbara Roufs:

1652578751799.png

Feel free to post up your horrendous censored images.
Gravity no worky here!

If you cross then the wrong way over there, they might put you into discouraged user mode than fuck with you by giving you this when you post something. There are people will find a roll of position and power wherever they can find it, and use it, it's easier than admitting you're largely ineffectual and irrelevant. Cops, the busy bodies of a strata council, and some Internet mods. It's a fast track to some power, for a person who feels irrelevant. Not to get all self helpy, but this type of person needs to ask themselves why it's so important, you'll never be able to create the right reality if you aren't willing to let the wrong reality go. Go do some volunteer work if you need to feel relevant. Disadvantaged people can always use some help.

Opera Snapshot_2022-05-16_225921_www.advrider.com.png

Hmm...a search shows plenty of your posts in JM and Inmates.

Something's fucky...
Interesting. Thanks. Maybe I'm just not allowed to see them or interact there any more. My profile shows no post in Inmates, JM or CSM. Can you see if my CSM posts are still there? I've been locked out of CSM for a few months now.

Hell, every post of mine in JM and Inmates just got nuked. Like I was never even there. Bizarre.
Over in the other site?

I can't get into those forums any more all the sudden. I think there's a problem. They are looking into it for me.

Interesting. Thanks. Maybe I'm just not allowed to see them or interact there any more. My profile shows no post in Inmates, JM or CSM. Can you see if my CSM posts are still there? I've been locked out of CSM for a few months now.
I just looked at your profile on ADVr and it shows 15,502 posts in CSM and 11,280 in JM. I can see your posts in CSM. I guess they just locked you out.

At least you can still see the worthwhile areas of the forum.

You've been there long enough to know a move to HE only has to make sense to one person. The lack of any explanation is something that always irritates me, no matter the forum.
Oh, I know that. But the line is really shifting quickly. That thread was just articles like you'd see in the local evening news - not even rated PG.

JM is still open for me. I refuse to contribute to be a supporter, as I'm part of the product that was sold off for profit when Baldy cashed in. Many contributed to make that site great and valuable to both Rudy and VS.

Jim Moore , not sure what to tell you, but it sounds more vendetta and less forum rules.

They've shit canned the Toxic Teachers thread which doesn't even have any cheesecake photos. It's all just links to mainstream news stories. That's an odd thread to send to Head Explody.
ADVrider will resemble a cult in five years. Some characteristics of a cult I'm seeing now:
  • Ideological purity: Members are strongly discouraged from questioning the cult's doctrine, and any doubts are met with shame or punishment.
  • Conformity and control: Cult leaders often exercise an extreme degree of control over members' lives, including dictating what they can wear and eat and what kinds of relationships they can have. Conformity is also enforced by group members who police one another.
  • Time and energy: Followers are expected to dedicate huge amounts of time and energy (and often money) to the cult to the exclusion of their own lives, interests, jobs, and families.

A thought occurred to me. Did they make Inmates and JM for supporters only?
That's what i was thinking but cannon told me they were still looking into it. Unless he's not been told that. Some folks are having issues but I'm sure there's a lot more freeloaders. Or they are not complaining. If that was the issue they could just tell me. I've been on other forums like that, but there's usually a warning.

"B-b-b-but Ride Reports is the crown jewel of advrider!!!", they say.

Bullshit, JoMomma was the heart and soul, I say.
That's a matter of opinion. I always thought the bike related parts of the forums to include ride reports were the heart and soul of the forum. Those still seem to be going strong and there seem to be far less moderation issues there. If CSM disappeared I wouldn't miss it. There are some good threads in JM but they aren't the reason I joined a motorcycle forum. There are a lot of people on ADVr who don't even know the basement exists or if they do they never go there.

I like the way this forum is set up with preference given to the motorcycle related parts of the forum.

Back
Top Bottom