What's new

InReach Mini

Once I had to use it for a legit reason since i frequently ride alone.

Was the response time reasonable? I have a Spot and in the one emergency where I had to use it, it did not work well. I had no cell service. Clear view of the sky, in the middle of Death Valley. Someone happened by and I caught a ride. When I got cell reception, the messages did not go through for over 45 min. With my spot, it is one way communication, so there is no way of know if the message got out. I should upgrade to something with 2 way.

Was the response time reasonable? I have a Spot and in the one emergency where I had to use it, it did not work well. I had no cell service. Clear view of the sky, in the middle of Death Valley. Someone happened by and I caught a ride. When I got cell reception, the messages did not go through for over 45 min. With my spot, it is one way communication, so there is no way of know if the message got out. I should upgrade to something with 2 way.

I used an IN REACH MINI in big Bend 3 weeks ago.

Within 4 or 5 minutes we had confirmation via the In Reach that a NP Ranger / LEO was enroute to me.

It took the Officer 2.5 hours to arrive, but that was due to terrain issues.

1646696088425.png

Yinzer Moto response within 10 minutes.

One thing I'd suggest is to practice using the device to send messages to friends/family before you go way out. That's to become familiar with the T9 old school style text input. It works but can be cumbersome if you are winging it in a tough spot under pressure.

Within 4 or 5 minutes we had confirmation via the In Reach that a NP Ranger / LEO was enroute to me.

1646696088425.png

Wow the picture sure is worth 1000 words

1646696088425.png
Were you riding with Moose, Nate, and Jamie?

If so, that story about those guys you helped out is incredible.

Top Bottom Back Refresh