What's new

IOM TT 2022.

IMG_5658.jpeg

Just bought a TT+ Live View Pass ... $25

I plan to do the same. I'll have to work during that 2 week period, so it will be great to watch it all in the evening after work. The subscription is good for 12 months.

What a great deal that is eh?

If you're a fan of Irish roadracing & you know how to run a VPN you can also watch the BBC's coverage of the Cookstown 100, Tandragee & the upcoming Northwest 200 on their iPlayer. Spoiler alert; the youngster from the small town in Northumberland where I met the wife does really well.

VPN, I've been meaning learn more about 'em, for other reasons, but my attention span wanders. (same problem with crypto :lol3)

I've found NordVPN to be the best (most undetectable by the networks) with Chrome as the browser (Firefox seems to trigger the DRM checker). Once you've got that set up it's merely a question of setting the VPN to UK and logging into BBC iPlayer or the independent networks like ITV and Channel 4. Just Google "post code UK" and pick any one to use as your location, if it asks you do you have a TV license just click yes.

I've found NordVPN to be the best (most undetectable by the networks) with Chrome as the browser (Firefox seems to trigger the DRM checker). Once you've got that set up it's merely a question of setting the VPN to UK and logging into BBC iPlayer or the independent networks like ITV and Channel 4. Just Google "post code UK" and pick any one to use as your location, if it asks you do you have a TV license just click yes.
Not that it has anything to do with your usage of NordVPN because you're (mostly) legitimately using one, but when we vet new members for VHT we always see high fraud scores from people using VPNs, and sometimes recent spam and bot use as well which is a red flag. The IP addresses get used and reused, often by less than scrupulous people which can make the next random user of that same IP address look dirty.

Thinking about the TT+ pass but my schedule is crazy.. Does anyone know if it Is it only live broadcast or will I be able to access previous races?

I've read that it's archived and viewable for some time to come. I don't know if that means you'll be able to watch it later that day, similar to MotoGP.

After some glitchiness with the audio the feed is snow pretty good. They obviously did a lot of work to make this into a respectable production. It's the first time I've seen the TT, aside from still photos - pretty amazing!

After some glitchiness with the audio the feed is snow pretty good. They obviously did a lot of work to make this into a respectable production. It's the first time I've seen the TT, aside from still photos - pretty amazing!
Duke has been producing and publishing TT Video stuff for decades. Top drawer. IMO production quality equal or better than Dorna. Duke is IOM corporation.

Regarding access to previous races: Right now the qualifying runs from past days can be viewed, so I imagine that's true for the coming days.

The whole world can listen to manx radio TT practice coverage. Just search TT radio the last two nights of practice have been interesting last night it got stopped early a crash and bike fire by sam west (Hurt his Hand and leg but hopes to be racing TT week a BMW already got his numbers on it and ready ) who is thankfully ok just needs to get fit fot TT.
Tonight some good times FromPete hickman and Dean harrison turned in a 131MPH lap. Awesome.
Practice starts around 18.00 hours GMT .

Last edited:
I love this video ... it shows the blistering speed, the great howl of bikes WOT, fun downshift noise, multiple PA speakers talking over each other .... and birds chirping all the while. Crazy!

Loved the video. There is just something about the wail of an inline four at full throttle and high RPM:wings

It's been a long time since I owned an inline four but watching that video makes me want to get a sportbike and let loose:happay

Then I remember my age and realize it's not going to happen but I would like to make it to the Isle of Mann someday.

Back
Top Bottom