What's new

IOM TT 2022.

This video doc is context. Outstanding. I’ve re-watched it dozens of times since first published dvd years ago.

Tires ... who has insight on tires at the TT. There is little mention of 'em, unlike the GP where it's one of the hot topics.

I've gotten caught into it. The streaming pass is very affordable, BTW. I'm fortunate in that I can work and have this in the background, a little anyway.

Thinking about the TT+ pass but my schedule is crazy.. Does anyone know if it Is it only live broadcast or will I be able to access previous races?
I finally cleared the glitch that was preventing me from typing. I had to clear my browsing history.

Anyway, The TT+ pass lets you watch live (which is early in the morning here), then later in the day they compile everything into one video and post it up. The Qualifying 1 video had about 8 hours of blank in the middle, but you can simply fast forward to the analysis part at the end. These videos are available to pass holders for 12 months.

So far I have watched Q1 and Q2. When race week arrives, I may try to watch the Senior TT live. It is currently scheduled for Friday June 10, at 5:15 am PST. It is about 1 hour 40 minutes long, so I might be able to watch the whole thing before work. It is quite possible it could get delayed due to weather. You just never know.

Tires ... who has insight on tires at the TT. There is little mention of 'em, unlike the GP where it's one of the hot topics.
Struggle through day one and there is a good bit of tire talk. Some good insight into why TT is quite different to short circuit. Large percentage of TT is simply WFO for miles. Very, very few heavy braking corners. Bike set up is drastically different. Bumpy as hell so rear will be soft to avoid pogo pitching to keep rear hooked up to keep steady power hooked up…

The whole world can listen to manx radio TT practice coverage.

The Manx radio coverage is my favorite live coverage. I think it is because it reminds me of being at the event in 2015. Based on a tip from an experienced attendee, we all brought little hand held radios. Wherever we were, we would hang the radio nearby for everyone to hear. Others did the same, which provided very good coverage.

The Manx radio coverage is my favorite live coverage. I think it is because it reminds me of being at the event in 2015. Based on a tip from an experienced attendee, we all brought little hand held radios. Wherever we were, we would hang the radio nearby for everyone to hear. Others did the same, which provided very good coverage.
One of the things I like about the video I posted in #14 is the sound bleed between speakers (radios, PAs, etc.) - it's fine art! :-)

Good opening race. with peter hickman winning could well be the mould for the rest of the week. My to watch tip. Dont underestimate John McGuiness or Michel Dunlop . The senior should be worth waiting for. the dunlop tyre sittuation is a bt troubling. michel Dunlop earlier in week went Dunlop to metsler and back to dunlop wonder if he will switch back to the metslers now.? .

HIckman was impressive all week ... I thought the others might be holding back, waiting to go full bore today, but today's results parallel the qualifying rounds (cursory look).

HIckman was impressive all week ... I thought the others might be holding back, waiting to go full bore today, but today's results parallel the qualifying rounds (cursory look).
Peter hickman is the man of the moment he seems to be right on it . And i think they are all struggling a little with one thing or another, and to name just one and its no small thing the dunlop tyre issues today.
Monday is another day and e might just see the rest of the flock step up the pace some. but for now it seems Hickman is on it no doubt about that whatsoever.

Sad news The shock factory outfit crashed at agos and there was a fire Passenger died mate told me on phone earlier.
I can't like that. Thank you for the update. may he rest in peace.

Confirmation of the tragic accident and mre accurate info i found online.

"
It is thought one outfit crashed and a following Sidecar was caught unsighted as it began its lap and hit the stricken machine, causing a major fire incident.

As a result, the race was stopped and subsequently cancelled for the evening as the incident was attended to by emergency responders.

Tragically, TT organisers have confirmed that French Sidecar passenger Lavorel was killed in the incident, while the driver of the Shock Factory outfit – Cesar Chanel – was airlifted to Aintree Hospital in a critical condition.

A statement from TT organisers read: “The Isle of Man TT Races regrets to confirm that Olivier Lavorel, 35, from Sillingy, France was killed in an incident during the first Sidecar race of the 2022 Isle of Man TT Races.

“The accident occurred at Ago’s Leap, just under one mile into the course, on the opening lap of the race. Olivier was competing in his first TT as a passenger to Cesar Chanel.

“Cesar was taken to Noble’s Hospital by road and airlifted to Aintree Hospital in a critical condition.

“Olivier and Cesar were both newcomers at the Isle of Man TT Races and had been elevated from start number 39 to start number 21 after qualifying as the 15th fastest pairing, having posted an impressive lap speed of 108.420mph.

“An experienced pairing, Olivier and Cesar had taken numerous victories and podiums in the French F1 and F2 National Sidecar Championships.

“The Isle of Man TT Races pass on their deepest sympathy to Olivier’s family, friends and loved ones, and our thoughts and best wishes are with Cesar at this time.”

This follows the tragic death of solo racer Mark Purslow on Wednesday evening following a crash in practice."

Back
Top Bottom